2008 XP with 3200? To many Km's?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking to buy a sled and came across a 2008 Xp with 3200km. its for 5500 and looks very clean and the motor is completely stock. i dont think it has any rebiulds so im wondering if thats to many. i dont know much about the XPs but that many in 2 years makes me think. lemme know what you think, thanks:beer::beer:

smc

Reaction score
if its canadian $ thats a good price for a xp. 3200kms in two years is pretty average, ive done that in one season before. however i wouldnt buy a sled with that many kms unless it had warranty for another season. 800r motors are exspensive. you get what you pay for though, spend 5500 for one with higher kms or 8000 for the same sled with lower kms.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ditto, and not only that but it matters how it was treated in getting to 3200km's..... I have an 08 summit with comparable km's on it and it has been well taken care of. Its had BRP pure synthetic oil all the time, been kept clean, had regular maintenance and updates throughout its life. New sliders, clutch cleaning, premium fuel and babied and people don't see that. All they see is the $$$$$$$ and I can understand that but in the end, You get what ya pay for....think about it when your stuck in a bowl and your pulling it out or calling for a chopper!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats nothin i think i read somewhere maxwell has that much on his 2010 and the season already started before he bought it. think he rides much?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got just over 2000 miles (3200kms) on my '08, no signs of trouble yet. if anything it rips harder than when I first got it....that is a pretty good price for an '08 IMO....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....You get what ya pay for......

Yep, buy a cheap sled, guess what you're going to get. There's a reason they are asking $5500 for it. Is there a serial # on it or has it been scratched out?

Warhawks motor in his XP blew at 2500 miles, not too far above 3000 kms. not sayin'....just sayin'.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy it and do the top end and it will be fine. Check for play in the A-arms and lugs missing on th track.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may want to check the iso flex grease in the crank clutch end. will likely be dry.

really can not for the life of me understand what all the BS is about mileage. you need to really watch low mileage sleds to make sure mileage is true. most guys riding in the mtns, usually disconnect the speedo, thus low mileage. the overall condition of the sled is what counts, a well looked after sled is the one you want no matter what the mileage.

Last edited:

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i think im going to go with it for sure. it looks very clean and the clutch's have been rebiult. and how much is a top end rebiuld for the 800r's?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can spend as much as you think you can afford. spi pistons may be as inexpensive as you will get and are good quality, not impressed with wiseco, pistons grow to much and need a loose bore. need a lot of babysitting, and are pricey but not as much as bombi pistons. have the bottom checked out also as it is cheap insurance to find any problems now than later.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much is the average pair? and ya im getting it checked from top to bottom. have all summer to do what i want thats why im buying now.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better to call a few shops check on pricing, you doing the work or having a shop do it. call around, check references, prices, go with who you feel comfortable with, not just the best price.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats nothin i think i read somewhere maxwell has that much on his 2010 and the season already started before he bought it. think he rides much?

lol yah i have 2100km on my 2010 that i got at the end of febuary? :d

here is my opinion...

we have 2 preproduction 2008 xps. top ends wwent out on both at around 1500km....

and bottom end went on the other at 4000km...

if it was a 2009 i wouldnt hesitate but being a 2008 i would be a little concerned..then again 5500 cant really go that wrong a shortblock is 2400$

just check the compression and the normal thinggs everyone else mentioned and ride the thing it could go forever.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol yah i have 2100km on my 2010 that i got at the end of febuary? :d

here is my opinion...

we have 2 preproduction 2008 xps. top ends wwent out on both at around 1500km....

and bottom end went on the other at 4000km...

if it was a 2009 i wouldnt hesitate but being a 2008 i would be a little concerned..then again 5500 cant really go that wrong a shortblock is 2400$

just check the compression and the normal thinggs everyone else mentioned and ride the thing it could go forever.

ya thanks. this is why i posted this. i know some about the revs but im in the dark about the xp's i have no clue about the engines and anything. i have never been on one accully.

Top Bottom