2008 XP with 3200? To many Km's?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey guys got another question. ok so the last one was on the 08 engine well i am looking hard at this 06 and it also has 3400 km. Now i have herd nothing but great things on the 06 rev and its the x package and everything. wondering if these machines were good for high milage? The sled has never been rebiult and never had any problems? Thanks :d

I rebuilt my 04 renegade X 800 HO at 5000 km's and it was still well within specs. I even took pics of the pistons and bore. It was very nice. But, I always ran the synthetic oil, let her warm up properly all the time and took care of it. This was in the days of the fabled internet hype ring flaking issue. I took pics of the rings too......
Check the compression when warm and you should have 100-110 psi and be within 5% of each other..... Or, re-build the top end.....its easy and only costs $350.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically ergonomics and weight. i personally cant ride a rev. but if i spent some time im sure i would get used to it. the xp is much easier to ride i find. power is about equal. the r is supposed to make a few more ponies but its not noticable

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What is the big differences between the XP's and the REV's???

The XP will let you stretch out more with your legs flatter and your ass further back. I had both machines in winter of 2008. Case in point; I rode my 2004 renegade X 800 for one morning on the trails and fields out by st albert and Gibbons untill noon. We decided to go north to Athabasca after noon and I stopped by my place and got the XP. I was used to the rev that morning and the difference on the XP was night and day. More leg room and lighter feel..... Other than that, they both have good points and bad, as all sleds do.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i assumed about em. not a hole lot can be changed engine wize anymore that will be like realli noticable. I fugured with the Xp they just moved stuff around which happends every 3-4 years :p

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xp is a totally different machine than a rev. From the tunnel, right down to the exhaust. 800r motor is also a lot different from the HO/

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thats what i assumed about em. not a hole lot can be changed engine wize anymore that will be like realli noticable. I fugured with the Xp they just moved stuff around which happends every 3-4 years :p

The engine pulls harder (800R) which you have to experience to know. The XP is lighter and stronger.
Going from a rev to an XP is like going from a conventional sled to a rev. Its not just about moving things around like they do every 3-4 years.
I like the rev, but the XP is totally more responsive to driver input.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a bunch of Rev chassis sleds, and like Maxwell I just couldn't get positioned "right" on them....seemed like i was always trying to get my feet more forward, and banging my knees on the cowling. the XP is totally different ergonomically, the positioning of your feet on the boards can alter the sled's attitude in almost every situation. on the first mountain ride, I was hangin and bangin like I had owned it for years. but the Rev is no slouch, they were popular for a good reason.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. some reall helpful facts i didnt know. i have been on a Rev before but never on a XP. Cant afford an XP used anyways so Rev is what itll be :beer: thanks for all the help guys :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a bunch of Rev chassis sleds, and like Maxwell I just couldn't get positioned "right" on them....seemed like i was always trying to get my feet more forward, and banging my knees on the cowling. the XP is totally different ergonomically, the positioning of your feet on the boards can alter the sled's attitude in almost every situation. on the first mountain ride, I was hangin and bangin like I had owned it for years. but the Rev is no slouch, they were popular for a good reason.

yep...the rev pannels go down on a 45 degree angle but the xp panels go straight down. thus you can get further forward and keep your legs straight. i always feel like im going to go over the bars on my cousins rev.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wanna try an XP now like i loved the Rev all the times that i have been on one, but im thinking if i were to get on a XP i would glue my hands to it and you would have to pry my off the dam thing... :p:beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I kinda wanna try an XP now like i loved the Rev all the times that i have been on one, but im thinking if i were to get on a XP i would glue my hands to it and you would have to pry my off the dam thing... :p:beer:

i borrowed an xp for a weekend while my rev was down (still is :( ) and it was night and day. every thing i can do on my rev i can do easier with the xp and then some, just more manuvarable even with a 163, im trying to get my hands on an xp this year, gotta keep adding to my piggy bank

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i borrowed an xp for a weekend while my rev was down (still is :( ) and it was night and day. every thing i can do on my rev i can do easier with the xp and then some, just more manuvarable even with a 163, im trying to get my hands on an xp this year, gotta keep adding to my piggy bank

ya see i would save my pennies and go for an XP but i have been saving my pennies for a long enough time already. a Rev is what i can afford and what ill prob get. Nothing wrong with the Revs so im not totally effected.:d

Top Bottom