2008 twisted turbo boost-it m1000

Lotza boost

Reaction score
Running shain race gas kit 3071 with the boost it box

At the end of last year is started to act funny and would not pull clean and would run reallly lean and shut off at idle.. figuring it was the atitude box.. so I jamed it in the corrner of the shop for the rest of the year untill I put the swsome boost-it box everyone talks about on..

So I did the boost-it box is on with neils values in it and what do you know its back in the corner of the shop again with the same thing.. changed the stator last year thinking it was that...and not...

So unhooked the turbo and controler and hooked it all back stock so it will run off the stock mapping on the ecu and same thing runs really lean and shuts off... all the grounds redone.. tryed different ecu and ccu temp sensor with the resisto.. no codes... same thing...

Any help would be appreciated

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a crank seal spray some brake Kleen around the seal and if it revs up you know your seals are shot.

Lotza boost

Reaction score
The motor has 1000 miles on it... I did try spraying eather around the crank seal by the clutch earlyer today and it did not rev up

Lotza boost

Reaction score
Fuel presure at 41 psi and increases properly per lb of boost... tryed going up or down with the presure and did not fix the problem

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm,, that's a bitch ehh... You tried Different ecm,, So maybe the problem is in the wiring harness? have a short or something maybe?

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about your stator. Maybe not enough power to run the fuel pump properly. When mine went it quit running. Drug it home, went to start it in the trailer and it would barely run .

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M1000s are known to hate having a ton of power draw on the system. What fuel pump are you running? Have you also thought about your throttle position sensor? I just wonder if that could cause it to screw up like that?

Lotza boost

Reaction score
Had checked the wiring harnes everything looks good... fuel pump seams to be
working properly With shains relay tied into acc power to run the big pump Tryed running the pump on the stock wireing and no difference ... tryed another stator last year...headlights hand and thum warners tail light and everything disconected from the hadlebars.. tryed different ecu no differance... about the only thing I havent changed was the injectors?.. smart valves ? I dont think so. But ill give it a shot to...

My hair is getting thiner by the day lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had checked the wiring harnes everything looks good... fuel pump seams to be
working properly With shains relay tied into acc power to run the big pump Tryed running the pump on the stock wireing and no difference ... tryed another stator last year...headlights hand and thum warners tail light and everything disconected from the hadlebars.. tryed different ecu no differance... about the only thing I havent changed was the injectors?.. smart valves ? I dont think so. But ill give it a shot to...

My hair is getting thiner by the day lol

I hear yeah man. Maybe trade her in on a new one.

Lotza boost

Reaction score
Have thought about the tps sensor... I will have to take it to the dealer to get it checked out cnelson6... and running shains high volume pump...

Lotza boost

Reaction score
That is what I am thinking... there is 7000 miles on the stock injectors.. 5000 mils with the slp kit and about 2000 boost miles... plugs ar a little diferent color from side to side

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Injector sounds like the right track. Would be nice to have egt and that would tell what injector has failed. Check the wiring and the pins on the injector connector. And if that harness hasn't been covered they were prone to heating and cracking the wiring and is very hard to see. The only way is to possibly ohm it out and see the resistance.

Lotza boost

Reaction score
Have to injectors to try out going in right now... how would I check the ohm resistance... just between the two wirs or

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the injectors work? And to ohm out the harness you would have to go pin to pin and it's a real pain! But it may be one of the next steps you got if the injectors didn't work.

anziconda

Reaction score
My m1000 did the same thing at 1000-1200 miles. It was the wiring harness AND stator that was bad. There's a ton of vibration on these and a couple of bad wire routing. Did you check the harness where it runs between the tank and tunnel? Also in the PV servo area. Mine had a sheared off wire there probably caused by an exploding belt. Good luck, that sled probably rips when it's running right!!

Lotza boost

Reaction score
Was not the injectors.. injectors ohm at 12, 2 cold... wirs all good pin to plug..

But got thinking about the tps again and when I got my throttel bodys back from shain I threw them on an ran them had problems right away.. pulled it apart finding one bolt missing and one bearly holding the tps on... so I put new bolts in and set it where I thought the old marks where... hmmm ??? And this was this time last year. And on top of that i turned up the idle screw a bit so it ran a little smoother at idle... i was told i shouldent have done this ???..

Running the attitude box I can add fuel at idle and never pulled the cord running just the stock injectors and stock mapping.. could have been fighting this the hole time? ... the boost it box with niels values dont add fuel tell 4500 rpm.. no fuel at idle so I wouldent have noticed tell now... so this is kinda making sence now I hope... how can I get the tps set and how to test it so see if its ok...

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you can make a tps tester you'll have to google it and there's a thread on one of the forums that shows how to. As for the numbers that you want for checking I am unsure. And this may be a shot in the dark but how are your reeds? I'm just trying to help eliminate all the possibilities.

Top Bottom