2008 revxp800 vs 2008 m1000????????

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish we had it on video. Powderchowders stock 06 rev beat my buddies 07 M1000 that has a few bolt on parts (y-pipe, reeds, breather and can). We were climbing a short steep hill in frisby last april and the 1000 was chewing to get over the top and the Rev was standing straight up at the top. Say what you will, our whole group watched. I rode his m1000 and was not that impressed, yes it goes but not like a rev.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish we had it on video. Powderchowders stock 06 rev beat my buddies 07 M1000 that has a few bolt on parts (y-pipe, reeds, breather and can). We were climbing a short steep hill in frisby last april and the 1000 was chewing to get over the top and the Rev was standing straight up at the top. Say what you will, our whole group watched. I rode his m1000 and was not that impressed, yes it goes but not like a rev.
similar results against my buddy's '07 M1. when his was stock, I could out do him in every aspect except top speed. now he has a fuel controller, full aftermarket exhaust system, intake mod and clutching. drag racing in untracked snow my XP is neck and neck with him until about 80mph. highmarking is back and forth, when he does 'mark me it's less than a sled length. (153" vs 146")

all I can go by is experience, his M1 has been in the shop at least 4 times for engine and DD failure since new. it's back there now after the weekend ride, upper seal went on the DD and was leaking oil onto his secondary and slipping the belt (so he says). Didn't get a chance to try and have a pizzing match with Demon13's M1, weather sucked in hasler when we rode together. it seemed to work well tho....

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i think what gave me the advantage was the the fact that he had a 153 15" wide and at the i was running my old 151 16" wide. So he would trench more. But man i made him look stupid.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seems like there is a wide range of stories... some with "the entire group witnessing" some with only 2 or 3 people witnessing... some maybe its just you and the other guy... who's telling the truth and who isn't... nobody will really know. All i can say is not all the 1000's are the same... not all xp800's are the same... some of them blew belts like it was there job... some didn't blow belts at all... clutching is an art and some guys think they are dialed in... then a guy comes along with the same sled and makes him look silly... 9 times outa 10 if you are a pull the rope and ride kinda guy and you think your sled is dialed in... well it probably isn't unless you experiment with clutching and what not. also i think there is some power left in the clutches on those doo's... clutches seem to be smokin hot on all my buddies xp's... probably something that isnt' quite figured out... but thats just an outsider lookin in on that subject.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats also rider ability. I went everywhere my buddies revs went with my 06 m7 with just reeds and a can:eek:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i think what gave me the advantage was the the fact that he had a 153 15" wide and at the i was running my old 151 16" wide. So he would trench more. But man i made him look stupid.
my buddy has been a die hard Cat guy since we were teens....it's been Cat vs Doo for years. anytime I can stick it to him is great. he had an EXT, I had a Formula MX. his was light, mine went faster. then he got a ZRT 600, I got an MXZ 583. he could out run me, but I was lighter and could hold him off for 500'. every year was a new mod to keep up with each other, he put Black Magic triples on his and I couldn't keep up no more, even with twins and other goodies. Bought a 670ho and could get him, so he bought T-Cat....that fag. My '01 800 could stay with it for a while but that big heavy screaming kitty would always pull away. he bought the M1 in '07, and I got the XP last year....now we're close again.....even with his mods. :d

what I'm getting at is that we are both experienced tuners, and squeeze every drop out of these things.

sledding is great....:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should add, that right before his M1 blew up (twice) he was kicking my butt....with his lean issues solved they are right there with each other.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree it is all about how they are setup, there is so much untaped power that can be put to the snow in a bone stock sled. Clutching attack angle gearing the list goes on.

Top Bottom