2008 revxp800 vs 2008 m1000????????

dooski

Reaction score
Glenengine, I need to talk to you about my m1000, I have ridden with a guy that has an xp and he kills me and my buddy on any hill, the only thing he has done to his sled is put a skidoo race clutch and geared down 2 teeth in his gearing. My buddy has a m1000 and has a y pipe and geared the dd down 2 teeth,boondocker box and clutch work done, and we are very good riders. Dont get me wrong I love my cat, maybe you could help me and give some ideas so that I can beat him THANKS

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
change the stock weights in the m1000 clutch i believe they are 70oz i was told to go 73 wich i bought but havent yet installed i was told to go with these weights because my mx rpm is 7900 when i should be 72-7300 after that its losing power but i havent tried it yet so im not sure if this is correct but will post as soon as i check it out!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right now with stock exhaust and no real mods done yet i have mine weighted so that it revs 7200-7250 max.. Thats the highest that you want it to get to with stock pipe and such.. wit hmost aftermarket pipes you can let it get up to the 7600-7700 range.. Will be doing some more testing with the whole rpm range deal with aftermarket pipe on it next week..

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am stock piped so im hoping these weights will do the trick!! get me back to the rpm i should be running at

dooski

Reaction score
I have changed my clutch to 3 post from a 4 post and have 83 gr weights in it. I found that the 3 post clutch has a faster responce. Nothing done to the secondary yet. Glengine, I will give you a call later thanks.:beer::beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have changed my clutch to 3 post from a 4 post and have 83 gr weights in it. I found that the 3 post clutch has a faster responce. Nothing done to the secondary yet. Glengine, I will give you a call later thanks.:beer::beer:

There are huge gains to be made with changing secondary stuff.. As well as using the right intake stuff on it. One thing that i did to stop snow from getting under the hood was i took out all the stock screens on the front of the hood and the cut some peices of slp screen material to fit then polyeurathaned them into place.. Even in 4ft + of powder no snow under the hood at the end of the day.

Globalsat

Reaction score
Rode them both, XP 163 will walk all over the M 1000, my 159 XRS eats kittys for lunch and it only has a can. The cat sure sounds cool with the right can on it though. the XP 154 isn't that impressive in deep POW, but the 163 is a tractor, it just keeps on chugging. Just my 2cents :)
I have 09 XP800 and M1000 M1000 eats the 800 up

nroszell

Reaction score
I own both, a 2008 XP with a 163" track that has a can a race clutch. My 2007 M1000 Sno Pro 162" has the SLP can, pipe, Ypipe, boodocker and SLP clutching mods and should be 180 Hp+. I have been riding for 10 + years and in all honesty I have found no comparison. The XP kicks the M1000 time and again. From what I have seen the M1000 does not effectively get the HP and torque to the track. The M1000 is a more comfortable sled to ride. So unless I am missing something on the M1000 set up I would say that the XP is a far better powder/mountain sled.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M1000 all the way, xp might do very well for a 800 against a 1000, and it probably is the best 800 but it won't touch the new 1000:twocents::d

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll i'll tell you what i'll put my '08 M1000 162 sno pro up against an XP whenever i'm able to get time away from the shop.. The thing that alot of people here seem to be missing is the fact that the M makes huge torque and the torque and hp peaks are only a couple hundred rpm apart.. The cats aren't set-up very well clutching wise out of the box.. Still doin some fine tunin on mine but it's startin to work real good and will get alot better soon.. I dare a guy on an XP to try and touch the M1000 on the trail.. Good luck.. Hope you like the looks of my taillight.
stock out of the box the m1000 is definately the biggest underachiever every made, stock for stock if it outdoes the xp it's by an embarressing minimal margin for 1000 against a 800, and that been proven all over the west coast last winter and this one

nroszell

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on the M1000 set up then. I must be missing something, does it need a different track, gearing down, rear suspension movement?? The only mods I did were to SLP setup and I still can't get it to out perform my XP. Don't get me wrong I have ridden cat's only for 10 years powder special, king cat & M1000 and I have always been a cat fan I just can't seem to get the M1000 to perform to my expectations.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on the M1000 set up then. I must be missing something, does it need a different track, gearing down, rear suspension movement?? The only mods I did were to SLP setup and I still can't get it to out perform my XP. Don't get me wrong I have ridden cat's only for 10 years powder special, king cat & M1000 and I have always been a cat fan I just can't seem to get the M1000 to perform to my expectations.

What rpm do do you rev your 1000 at? What have you done to the clutching?

nroszell

Reaction score
I'm running at 7500-7700 RPM. On the drive clutch I installed the Black/Yellow spring #40-67 from SLP. I also installed the SLP MTX 68g weights with 2 g rivet in the outer hole. With the 2 g's in it would only rev to 7,300 so I drilled these out and ride with no rivets now. I typically ride Revy and Sicamous at +/-7,000 feet. No other clutch work done. The only other work complete was that I flipped the track around (I think its a little better with it turned backwards).

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i usually stick to the stock yellow/white primary spring and yah you want it to run 76600-7800 rpm with the slp.. Usually best right close to the 7600 mark which you are at.. i would suggest potting an rk tek secondary clutch kit on it.. I run one and it makes a world of difference... What it does is make your secondary clutch work kinda like the old king cat ones where there was a preload on the secondary, so it'll backshift raelly well.. i noticed a huge difference in my '08 when i installed the kit.. I also have an slp air intakekit that deletes the intake hose.. Will be out and testing my new speedwerx set-up this week hopefully..

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably out of the box not much difference, big advantage to the M1000 is when you throw bolt on goodies. Start with ypipe, can or can+pipe, RKT head and fuel regulator, clutching and they rip, 800 is not even close, two doo diehards in our group have 860 kits this year and still not there, one of the 860's is on nitrous it can hang when on the button. All I know is there are alot of 1000's on the hill compared to 2 years ago.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I still don't beleive that a stock xp will run with the M1.I ride a Doo 1000 and aside from clutching its stock,I haven't seen a xp come even close.My buddies 860 Xp runs beside me and the only way he gets by is when he hits the juice.Idon't think there's that much diference between Doo's 1000 and Cats.:rant:

Mtnripper

Reaction score
I beg to differ! We got a couple guys with M1000's out here at Grizzly Lodge in the Shuswap and there hasn't been a XP that could touch them. Come on out and prove me wrong.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old man has an 08 m1000 and I've had to ride it a few weekends this year because i had problems with my M8T and i have a bunch of buddies that have 08 xp 800s and a couple that have 09 xp 800s.... all i have to say is the xp 800 works really really well for an 800. for sure the best 800 last year and this year. Having said that it doesn't touch a well clutched m1000... the only time i have ever seen an xp800 go higher than me on my dads 1000 is when i make a highmark and he takes " takes his own line" but accidentally runs on my track for ohhh i dunno half the way up... then at the top breaks off my line and goes over my mark by about 4 feet.... comes down and starts braging... i just laugh at them.

friend of mine has m1000 with speedwerx set up on it... man now that thing rocks it isn't even funny compared to xp860's...

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey slamnek should we tell the story on this thread, or should we let the cat boys think what they think.

Top Bottom