2008 revxp800 vs 2008 m1000????????

4stroke474

Reaction score
Which sled will out climb?
Does anyone know the wet weight of each of these sleds.My friend is a faggalla and thinks that the xp can out climb the m1000.The xp is a 163" just so u know.If U own an XP do not respond,HAHA.Just for the record I Ride an APEX so I am not biased.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both box stock...might go either way. clutch the XP and it will win. put a y pipe and fuel pressure regulator on the M1 and it's game over. then you just have to wait for the diamond drive to pile up....

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode them both, XP 163 will walk all over the M 1000, my 159 XRS eats kittys for lunch and it only has a can. The cat sure sounds cool with the right can on it though. the XP 154 isn't that impressive in deep POW, but the 163 is a tractor, it just keeps on chugging. Just my 2cents :)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode them both, XP 163 will walk all over the M 1000, my 159 XRS eats kittys for lunch and it only has a can. The cat sure sounds cool with the right can on it though. the XP 154 isn't that impressive in deep POW, but the 163 is a tractor, it just keeps on chugging. Just my 2cents :)
Out of thirty some sleds on our Pemberton trip last year, the 2 m1000's seemed to be the best climbers, don't think either were stock.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
XPee weighes 526lbs wet

it all depends on how many belts the xp changes on the climb... if only 1 and the pilot can change the belt quick enough its got a fighting chance :)

HIGHTEC REDNECK

Reaction score
I just got back from revy on the 31 and spent 3 days at area 51 thjere were no tracks from the parking lot even when we got to the top there was 4ft + of snow with not much base there was a goup of 10 of us trying to punch in a few xp's a couple mod m8 and a m1000 the xp's were twice the sled in that deep of snow RUFF RUFF:Snowmobile1::mountainClimb:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 163 xp and a 09 m1000 162. The m sits in the garage,i can do stuff on the xp that u could only dream of on a 1000. they are just to heavy. That being said i think a good set up 1000 would out climb a xp on a open hill that was a straight shoot.If you have to work a hill you can put the xp where you want it while the 1000 will play you out and lose your line.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from revy on the 31 and spent 3 days at area 51 thjere were no tracks from the parking lot even when we got to the top there was 4ft + of snow with not much base there was a goup of 10 of us trying to punch in a few xp's a couple mod m8 and a m1000 the xp's were twice the sled in that deep of snow RUFF RUFF:Snowmobile1::mountainClimb:

Is it plowed out at all this year at 51? How is the getting through the cutblock this early in the year? My vote is XP

Evil Revo

Reaction score
Are you guys joking!! The XP 800 will not out climb the M1000.
The only way is if the 1000 is set up soooooooooo bad!
Come on give me a break! I ride with many of both. The 1000 has to much power!:nono:

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

From what i remember that M1000 done pretty good. that thing was a rental and only the second time i have ever been on an M series sled. DRAGONS ALL THE WAY!!!! hahahaha

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it plowed out at all this year at 51? How is the getting through the cutblock this early in the year? My vote is XP

My group done all the hards work through the cut block and trees this time around. it sucked big time!! when we started going up thru the cut blocks you couldnt climb more than 20 feet without getting stuck. it was all worth it tho. like hightec says. 4+ feet in the play area. LOTS OF MAD POW TURNS!!!!

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XPee weighes 526lbs wet

it all depends on how many belts the xp changes on the climb... if only 1 and the pilot can change the belt quick enough its got a fighting chance :)

Don't go through too much deep stuff with the cat and get snow in the airbox ... then anything will out DOO it :p they don't get too far when only running on one cylinder... and unless u have a nice warm trailor or garage to thaw them out, yer gunna have a bad weekend.... XP belt problems have been solved haven't you heard ? :cool:

when cats have to sidehill and i blow over the top in a skistand they sure don't seem to have the power :D Remember !!! it's not about what you like most !!! it's about what works better !! Once you see the light you will DOO it too :p

Zig Zag

Reaction score
Trust a Yamahaha rider to start this thread the XP will and has destroyed the M1000 on a regular basis on the trail or climb. Pound for pound dollar to dollar the XP is the best all round Mtn sled. Besides your Apex is probably spending most of it's time doing the same thing I see them doing most of the time sittin broke down used as trail marker like the 2 in fernie last weekend.:rant:

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell a stock bored Xp will beat a M1000,only if the Artic Cat has a throttle stop on it!I get a kick out of you guys that think a 150 hp sled is going to run with a 170hp sled.I know I suppose a xp will beat doo's 1000 to?Ya right.Get those machines in powder in their own tracks and see which goes the higher any one can take the 1000's track and gain a few feet.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell a stock bored Xp will beat a M1000,only if the Artic Cat has a throttle stop on it!I get a kick out of you guys that think a 150 hp sled is going to run with a 170hp sled.I know I suppose a xp will beat doo's 1000 to?Ya right.Get those machines in powder in their own tracks and see which goes the higher any one can take the 1000's track and gain a few feet.

Noones talking about poaching here .... even if both sleds rode the same track that was originally there, the xp would still win ;) it may have 170hp (168 actually) BUT... the M1000 weights 496lbs (could be wrong but this is what i have found) which gives you a 2.95 pounds per hp. The 800 163 weighs 440lbs (seems to be about the average, iv seen lower weights for the same sled) and 151hp to give you 2.91 pounds per hp. So they are pretty much equal that way but what floats better ... something light or something heavy. People change parts on sleds to gain a 2-3 pound weight savings ... that has to give you a pretty strong message... 168hp or not all that extra hp is gunna do for you is dig a bigger hole because of the extra weight :D

LiL R & R

Reaction score
Noones talking about poaching here .... even if both sleds rode the same track that was originally there, the xp would still win ;) it may have 170hp (168 actually) BUT... the M1000 weights 496lbs (could be wrong but this is what i have found) which gives you a 2.95 pounds per hp. The 800 163 weighs 440lbs (seems to be about the average, iv seen lower weights for the same sled) and 151hp to give you 2.91 pounds per hp. So they are pretty much equal that way but what floats better ... something light or something heavy. People change parts on sleds to gain a 2-3 pound weight savings ... that has to give you a pretty strong message... 168hp or not all that extra hp is gunna do for you is dig a bigger hole because of the extra weight :D
I own 1 of each and a m8 the 09 s are very close to the same weights the m1000 has alot more power the m8 and the xp are very comparable . I did believe the xp was a good sled I bought one for my WIFE .

dooski

Reaction score
Here it is
2007 m1000 with a 174x15 track 642 lbs( I own this sled )09 m1000 32 lbs lighter
2008 xp800 with a 163x16 track 532 lbs
Our snowmobile club had a weigh in with a accurate certified scale, we strapped the sleds and lifted with one hook. The straps were subtracted off of the weights you see above.
This is full of fuel and oil and ready to ride. weight makes a huge difference so I would have to vote on the xp

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll i'll tell you what i'll put my '08 M1000 162 sno pro up against an XP whenever i'm able to get time away from the shop.. The thing that alot of people here seem to be missing is the fact that the M makes huge torque and the torque and hp peaks are only a couple hundred rpm apart.. The cats aren't set-up very well clutching wise out of the box.. Still doin some fine tunin on mine but it's startin to work real good and will get alot better soon.. I dare a guy on an XP to try and touch the M1000 on the trail.. Good luck.. Hope you like the looks of my taillight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom