2008 M8 Modifications???

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my kitty out for its first ride today with the exhaust, reeds and intake done. Its pullin' 8200 RPM and to be honest the sound is kind of irritating, very deep sound that kind of rattles my eardrums, oh well, will have to get used to it for now. Found some problems maybe someone could help me with. Melted some insulation, cut it out and applied heat deflecting tape but there is also two other ares where the pipe comes in contact with the hood rubbing the tape off. It didn't melt today but i feel on a warmer day it will. I was thinking of trimming down the rubber support block for the pipe on the clutch side a 1/4 inch or so to bring the pipe down a hair, this a good idea or not? Plus I will have to install screen vents on the hood as where my factory intake was is filling with snow already and I haven't been in any powder yet. I also noticed she is running hotter, the tunnel was just a steamin' not like I've seen before, I will have to figure something out for that, any suggestions anyone???THX.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe it was steaming cause you wernt in enough snow...cause like you said that you havent been in any powder

Yes maybe, but the ditches were pretty full, just wind whipped, I thought there was enough but maybe not. I'll see Feb long weekend when I go to McBride/Valemount, IF there's any powder as I would imagine everyone and their dog will be there that weekend.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you put the pipe on did yo trim the parts on the hood where the vent on the left side is attached. It talks about iot in the instructions. Also double check that the can is sitting as far down as it can , cause if you trim that block down i think it might hit the exhaust valves.. Also double check that the bar for your oil inj is hook ed up properly( comes off the throttle linkage between throttle bodies). Did you put the twins on? I would take all of the insulation of the hood and side panels, then recover the hood and exhaust side panel with reflective heat tape.. The whole exhaust system is ceramic coated correct? Did you play with your boondocker box at all?

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you put the pipe on did yo trim the parts on the hood where the vent on the left side is attached. It talks about iot in the instructions. Also double check that the can is sitting as far down as it can , cause if you trim that block down i think it might hit the exhaust valves.. Also double check that the bar for your oil inj is hook ed up properly( comes off the throttle linkage between throttle bodies). Did you put the twins on? I would take all of the insulation of the hood and side panels, then recover the hood and exhaust side panel with reflective heat tape.. The whole exhaust system is ceramic coated correct? Did you play with your boondocker box at all?

Yes i trimmed the insulation where SLP said to and had to trim more as some melted on the exhaust. The can is good. Good point on the rubber block, guess i wont do that. The bar is hooked up and i checked the plugs during my ride, a little dark not wet, but that's safe to me. Didn't put twins on. I thought about removing all the insultion and ducting but what does a guy do with all the wiring, just tape over it? The exhaust is ceramic coated. I got numbers for the boondocker from my supplier and according to him no adjustments are needed here at 2600 feet just 5000 and up which i will try Feb. long weekend in McBride and even these adjustments are very little. I need to buy some of that fine mesh screen for the hood intakes as where my old intake was is already full of snow and wouldn't mind 2 of those 2 inch screens for the belly pan aswell, do you have any?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i trimmed the insulation where SLP said to and had to trim more as some melted on the exhaust. The can is good. Good point on the rubber block, guess i wont do that. The bar is hooked up and i checked the plugs during my ride, a little dark not wet, but that's safe to me. Didn't put twins on. I thought about removing all the insultion and ducting but what does a guy do with all the wiring, just tape over it? The exhaust is ceramic coated. I got numbers for the boondocker from my supplier and according to him no adjustments are needed here at 2600 feet just 5000 and up which i will try Feb. long weekend in McBride and even these adjustments are very little. I need to buy some of that fine mesh screen for the hood intakes as where my old intake was is already full of snow and wouldn't mind 2 of those 2 inch screens for the belly pan aswell, do you have any?

No we dont have any of the little ones, but what i would do. Is we have some slp screen material that you could use for the front holes and then i would get the 2 peice screen kit that we got, it fits one on each side panel. The screens fit into the main center section of the side panel... They look really good..And yah if your not using the intake thats hooked to the hood i'd get rid of it.. And then yah you can just heat tape right over the wires.. But i`d definitely get rid of ALL insulation under the hood, also the foam under the clutch cover..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we dont have any of the little ones, but what i would do. Is we have some slp screen material that you could use for the front holes and then i would get the 2 peice screen kit that we got, it fits one on each side panel. The screens fit into the main center section of the side panel... They look really good..And yah if your not using the intake thats hooked to the hood i'd get rid of it.. And then yah you can just heat tape right over the wires.. But i`d definitely get rid of ALL insulation under the hood, also the foam under the clutch cover..

I'll take the screen material and side vents, where are u located and I'll try to get there this week, but i go to Vegas on Wednesday so if i dont make it, it will be next week. And thanks for the info but my pipe will still rub the hood as there is no insulation in those spots, just tape.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take the screen material and side vents, where are u located and I'll try to get there this week, but i go to Vegas on Wednesday so if i dont make it, it will be next week. And thanks for the info but my pipe will still rub the hood as there is no insulation in those spots, just tape.

We are located at 12518 128st.. Its 1/2 block off of the yellowhead on the north side of the yellowhead.. If you want give us a call at the shop and we can toss it on the bus for you also.. 451-1130..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are located at 12518 128st.. Its 1/2 block off of the yellowhead on the north side of the yellowhead.. If you want give us a call at the shop and we can toss it on the bus for you also.. 451-1130..

Just finished removing the ducting and insulation, applied tape aswell. It fixed all my problems, no more contact with the hood ducting. I dont get off work until 3:30 so im hoping I'll make it to your shop in time sometime this week, I work on the South Side. I assume your name is Glen?
Just for your info, I weighed the insulation and ducting, it removes 5.4 lbs.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
are you talking about the front air intake behind the front bumber..cause all the cats i see riding in blue wriver usaly ahve that ductaped up...lol put some canadian crome on there...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished removing the ducting and insulation, applied tape aswell. It fixed all my problems, no more contact with the hood ducting. I dont get off work until 3:30 so im hoping I'll make it to your shop in time sometime this week, I work on the South Side. I assume your name is Glen?
Just for your info, I weighed the insulation and ducting, it removes 5.4 lbs.

You bet it's glenn.. And if your on your way and you are going to be alittle late(open till 530) just give us a call and someone will hang around.. Which way are you going to come in from, i'll give you directions toget to the shop the easiest way...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you talking about the front air intake behind the front bumber..cause all the cats i see riding in blue wriver usaly ahve that ductaped up...lol put some canadian crome on there...

They have to duct tape them off cause they havn't put any screen like slp screen behind the factory steel mesh screening..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet it's glenn.. And if your on your way and you are going to be alittle late(open till 530) just give us a call and someone will hang around.. Which way are you going to come in from, i'll give you directions toget to the shop the easiest way...

I roughly know where you are as i used to live near NAIT, but i'll be coming down Gretzky Drive and I'll make it before u close, probably tomorrow.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I roughly know where you are as i used to live near NAIT, but i'll be coming down Gretzky Drive and I'll make it before u close, probably tomorrow.

Oh yah right on. The easiest will be otturn of on 124st, go north a block, then turn left, and go thru the lights at 127st and you'll be looking at the front of our building. Just come around back to our compound, thats the main door to get into the shop..

Top Bottom