Proclimb era engine parts on an 09 M8

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can direct swap any parts off a proclimb era 800 HO on to the 2009 800?
Reason I ask is I have a bunch of brand new take off parts from my '14 PC big bore build and I'm thinking about swapping the head and the Y-pipe to my almost stock 09 M8 (can only).
I saw an ad on Kijiji with a guy selling an 09 800 motor with a proclimb head so I starting thinking...

I think the newer HO head has slightly higher compression but would the bolt pattern, coolant passages and seals line up?
And if I remember correctly, upgrading the 09 y-pipe was a good mod as they didn't flow as well as the '10s (and up) due to a restricted web. Would the bolt pattern and ports line up? Would it be the right length and outlet diameter for the donut?

And at the end of the day, I wonder if they'd be decent little gains on my 09?
Hell, Ive got a set of fresh stock 800 reeds too...

(I'm gonna cross post this on the M Series thread too)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think the head would fit for sure. And it would have better compression. Easy to take off and see. It would only cost time and a set of orings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamcatman

Reaction score
I have asked my dealer the same thing. The mechanic there told me that the head will fit, and gain some compression, but I will HAVE to run premium. I do not run premium in my 09 M8, and never had an issue. I have the full slp pipe kit on her and 13,000 kms, all original motor, never been apart. I will look for a proclimb head when I rebuild it though, and start running premium. Prolly get a couple more ponies

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have asked my dealer the same thing. The mechanic there told me that the head will fit, and gain some compression, but I will HAVE to run premium. I do not run premium in my 09 M8, and never had an issue. I have the full slp pipe kit on her and 13,000 kms, all original motor, never been apart. I will look for a proclimb head when I rebuild it though, and start running premium. Prolly get a couple more ponies

I read on BDX website that the pistons from the 2010 HO engine are a good upgrade for the 2007-2009 engine.

Top Bottom