2008 crossfire 800

FRR

Reaction score
Hey guys i have been working on a friends sled its a 2008 crossfire 800. It had a bad big at about 4800 rpm i check everything over even stripped the motor check reeds all is well. I cleaned up the power valves and check servo motor everything is fine i changed plus and cables put everything back together and sled still has a bad big and also wants to start back firing as it is running. Any ideas

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any codes on the EFI box, (or CPU or whatever that little computer box is called).?
think there is supposed to be a light that blinks to represent trouble codes.

wondering if its not firing at the right time.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry think I miss read. When you said bad big. I assumed bang. I'm thinking more that it is bog not big.

Is the throttle positioning sensor disconnected? If not open the throttle block and unplug it. See what happens. Both my 09 crossfire the TPS is unplugged.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the throttle block apart. need a torx's tool. you'll see the plug. unplug the one that doesn't connect to the bar warmers or the thumb warmer. that one is the TPS. that's it, just unplug it. its two wires in that plug head.

FRR

Reaction score
Thanks i will give it a try. Seems to be running really rich as well. Going to check reeds again incase i missed something

Top Bottom