2008 atctic cat m8 snopro

falk

Reaction score
hey whats up i was wondering if any one is riding the new m8 snowpro and what they thought of it good or bad i guess i want to see what i got myself in to i like the look of it but havent heard anything about it THANKS

falk

Reaction score
well at least someone has one i have not riding it yet its being in my shed for 3 months just taughting me i made some slight modifications now i just want to see how it runs before the big hills. what do you mean tape it!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It means tape her to the bar!!! My moto is always go big or go home... The M8's are awesome.. I would recommend putiing a screen kit on the side opanels and a clutch kit in the secondary... They are all available at specialty sleds.. Lots of goodies that you can do top that sweet ride.. Stop in and check out some of the stuyff we have.. You can also dump 10lbsa off of your sled by putting a boss seat on it.. And that is no exageration, iu weighed both of them myself..

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It means tape her to the bar!!! My moto is always go big or go home... The M8's are awesome.. I would recommend putiing a screen kit on the side opanels and a clutch kit in the secondary... They are all available at specialty sleds.. Lots of goodies that you can do top that sweet ride.. Stop in and check out some of the stuyff we have.. You can also dump 10lbsa off of your sled by putting a boss seat on it.. And that is no exageration, iu weighed both of them myself..

Screen kit over the clutches on the 08 M8 is a must!! What do you all think about the air shocks and what pressure are you all running

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i agree that the side vents are a must, we have some in stock... But the air shocks, i think that it depends on how hard you ride.. For myself personally I would go with the fox zero pro's with titanium springs... I'm not sold on the air shocks.. For one thing with air the pressure will change depending on temperature. And they aren't any lighter than the zero pro's w/ti springs..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man there is a list of things to look at that will really help out your sled.. We sell lots of stuff. I'd recommend high flow air horn(not filters), screen kit, rk secondary clutch kit, slp exhaust system, boondocker controller, boss seat(2-3" taller and 10lbs lighter also way more storage) we'll be doing our spring booking order starting right away for boss seats. And it's down to about a 2-3 week wait now for a seat if you want one for this year.. Also take ALL of the foam out from inside the engine compartment, and then heat tape your hood where the foam used to be, as well as the right side panel.. Also take the foam off of the inside of your clutch cover and the clutch side opanel foam also.. It's amazing how much that all weighs.. Especially once it soaks up water..

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i agree that the side vents are a must, we have some in stock... But the air shocks, i think that it depends on how hard you ride.. For myself personally I would go with the fox zero pro's with titanium springs... I'm not sold on the air shocks.. For one thing with air the pressure will change depending on temperature. And they aren't any lighter than the zero pro's w/ti springs..

I agree totaly. I wanted a sled that you could just ride!! I keep mine in a heated garage so when i want to go to the mountains i have to run it out overnight and adjust the pressure the next day. 135psi at 60C is 95psi at -2C. Which means we have gone from not touching a stock sled to adjusting things again.. I weigh 195lbs and found that i have to run the rear suspension at around 170psi and then a great sled. They say no more than 150psi but in my mind the more pressure that you have the less compression pressure that you will have in the shock... What are you're side vents worth?? Down here i can buy one for around $100 and i would probably buy a new side pannel as well instead of cutting holes in my existing one.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man there is a list of things to look at that will really help out your sled.. We sell lots of stuff. I'd recommend high flow air horn(not filters), screen kit, rk secondary clutch kit, slp exhaust system, boondocker controller, boss seat(2-3" taller and 10lbs lighter also way more storage) we'll be doing our spring booking order starting right away for boss seats. And it's down to about a 2-3 week wait now for a seat if you want one for this year.. Also take ALL of the foam out from inside the engine compartment, and then heat tape your hood where the foam used to be, as well as the right side panel.. Also take the foam off of the inside of your clutch cover and the clutch side opanel foam also.. It's amazing how much that all weighs.. Especially once it soaks up water..

Why would you not use a filter? If u use the high flow air horn that means you must keep the air ducting in the hood and cant get the weight savings. Do you have any numbers for the boondocker control box with the SLP exhaust single pipe? I've pretty much done everything you listed except for the seat and RK clutch which i will do soon.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree totaly. I wanted a sled that you could just ride!! I keep mine in a heated garage so when i want to go to the mountains i have to run it out overnight and adjust the pressure the next day. 135psi at 60C is 95psi at -2C. Which means we have gone from not touching a stock sled to adjusting things again.. I weigh 195lbs and found that i have to run the rear suspension at around 170psi and then a great sled. They say no more than 150psi but in my mind the more pressure that you have the less compression pressure that you will have in the shock... What are you're side vents worth?? Down here i can buy one for around $100 and i would probably buy a new side pannel as well instead of cutting holes in my existing one.

The vent kits that we have are like 220.00 for a pair. They come with templ and rivets, everything you need.. They are black and fit into the center of the side panels.. They look and work very well.. I'm not a fan of the small slp circle deals..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The vent kits that we have are like 220.00 for a pair. They come with templ and rivets, everything you need.. They are black and fit into the center of the side panels.. They look and work very well.. I'm not a fan of the small slp circle deals..

I just installed those yesterday, they do look good and durable, I would recommend them.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you not use a filter? If u use the high flow air horn that means you must keep the air ducting in the hood and cant get the weight savings. Do you have any numbers for the boondocker control box with the SLP exhaust single pipe? I've pretty much done everything you listed except for the seat and RK clutch which i will do soon.

The reason that i wouldn't do filters is the fact that thenyou are drawing in hot air.. The warmer the air the less hp you make.. Some comp are making ones that block filters off from under hood temp and breath thru the front of the belly pan, but when you are in powder that area is usually got snow in front of it.. So then it isnt able to breath properly either.. If you go on to the net on slp's site they have some recommendatiions for 5000ft + anyways.. But yah that clutch kit will help out a ton.. We have a couple of kits left, will get more later to ...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet i know.. Give ken a call at specialty sled (780)451-1130.. Tell him glenn told you to call him..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats a rough estimate from start to finish to get a turbo installed on a M8. I talked to some guys on the weekend in Valemount that had turbos on their M1000s and pretty much sold me on one. I watched them climb as high as an apex turbo which totally impressed me and I hear M8s turbo'd do VERY well.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do work really well... I'm not totally sure of a final price but give ken a call tomorrow at the shop 451-1130.. He will be able to hook you up wit ha price... Man they rock...

Top Bottom