2008 2009 polaris 800 eng prob solved finally

yoggibear

Reaction score
i m yoggibear i put the blog in on the unsolved 2008 09 polaris 800 eng failures my dealer put the short block on pistons and head on and reflashed it i also got him to open up my oil comsumption my machine had 900 mi on it now i have put 300 more and it is great they polaris will tell the polaris owners of 08 09 models even if the warranty is off they will give warranty to 2010 they finally got the eng to go at mid range rpm at the factory and they know what the prob is my dealer told me and he will do it for me when he gets the parts if any of u want to know call yoggibear lol or want to wait and contact your dealer it will be out soon and it is the prob and easy fix luv my poo

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He I dont know that language, jen ne se pas I dont know..:realmad:

shakey

Reaction score
my dealer told me the pistions are at the maximum tolerance ,even new;
polaris is testing new pistions and recalls will come. my 09 800 has been running awsome and just gone over 650 miles, 50 to 1 oil ,no mid range burp and plugs show rich signs
this may even affect 700;s ,best handling mountain sled out ;oh what a turbo would do ,but after problems are resolved

Service Guy

Reaction score
i m yoggibear i put the blog in on the unsolved 2008 09 polaris 800 eng failures my dealer put the short block on pistons and head on and reflashed it i also got him to open up my oil comsumption my machine had 900 mi on it now i have put 300 more and it is great they polaris will tell the polaris owners of 08 09 models even if the warranty is off they will give warranty to 2010 they finally got the eng to go at mid range rpm at the factory and they know what the prob is my dealer told me and he will do it for me when he gets the parts if any of u want to know call yoggibear lol or want to wait and contact your dealer it will be out soon and it is the prob and easy fix luv my poo

I am the Service Manager for an Atlantic Polaris dealer. As of Friday they were still testing engine combinations in both USA and Australia. They are close to a solution but it has not been resolved yet. This is how rumors get started and people over expect. Polaris engineering is keeping this under wraps until the problem is figured out. The heat issue is being looked at in several areas including pistons, exhaust port design and fuel.

yoggibear

Reaction score
my dealer told me the pistions are at the maximum tolerance ,even new;
polaris is testing new pistions and recalls will come. my 09 800 has been running awsome and just gone over 650 miles, 50 to 1 oil ,no mid range burp and plugs show rich signs
this may even affect 700;s ,best handling mountain sled out ;oh what a turbo would do ,but after problems are resolved
my dealer told me the prob is the fule injectors they are made by bosch and some of them at mid range are to lean and washing the piston wall so they are going to put injectors made by mitsibishi they at the factory finally got to see one eng fail and figured it out i guess we will see but they are going to fix the prob ty marcel

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hear tell u cant ride a doo doo should of kept the poo poo lol
Hey Yoggiebear how was the rest of the fishing trip. Did you eat that big Jack fish I caught for you on Saturday. Did you find your password so you can re log into your work computer.:beer: :beer::beer::d

Top Bottom