2006 Ski Doo 1000 Highmark???

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
What should I know about this sled? I want to hear good and bad. I see there are a couple for sale around the Edmonton area and might just be interested.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Stick with the 800 engine... more reliable, less weight and the sled handles better than the 1000 RT chassis...

BTW... I know of a MINT 800 162" sled in etown with a new engine... talk to Marcuso on here... you won't be dissapointed!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah...those who have them seem to love them. but the motor is heavier, the chassis is heavier, torque is amazing. but alot of them have granaded. and its not cheap. almost 2x the price of fixing the 800HO or r

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a love it or hate it sled. I rode mine for 1 season and traded it for my M8. On the other hand my bro-in -law loves his; and handles it better than alot of guys handle their 800's.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It alll depends on what and where you ride it. On the trails and lakes, it's fast and fun, But for in the mountains I know a few guys that have either rented, bought or borrowed them to try and didn't care for them. Even a few experienced riders, because all the weight is in the nose, not really balanced, and it always wants to point downhill. Terrible for Sidehilling.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also the RT chassis is much beefier and heavier. the extra 10-15hp or whatever doesnt really make it worth it to me.

add a nitrous system or clutch kit to an 800

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Love mine.... Nothing like the brute force of a 1000..... Eats 800's all day long. Heavy, but quite agile. I know 5 or 6 buddies that have them, and will never get rid of them, until they're worn out. I also have a 800 rev and have ridden many new xp's and they just don't have the shear torque that the 1000 can dish out. They are reliable, and don't grenade, near as often as the 800's. If needing even more power, simple bolt ons are best...... Fuel injection works great. Clutching is key for the big beasts.........

Just sayin'........

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love mine.... Nothing like the brute force of a 1000..... Eats 800's all day long. Heavy, but quite agile. I know 5 or 6 buddies that have them, and will never get rid of them, until they're worn out. I also have a 800 rev and have ridden many new xp's and they just don't have the shear torque that the 1000 can dish out. They are reliable, and don't grenade, near as often as the 800's. If needing even more power, simple bolt ons are best...... Fuel injection works great. Clutching is key for the big beasts.........

Just sayin'........

As powerful as they are, they just can't budge a boulder. Right Ric:d:beer::cool:

sleddinfamily

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I have had no responses from the individuals with the ones for slae so maybe I will need to look at an 800.

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also love mine. Starts first pull every time and doesn't miss a beat. It's also fun to here the XP riders talk about how light their sled is and then out climb them. But don't talk too much trash because you'll need buddies help if you do get stuck. Overall the fun factor of the sled is awesome.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this is your first mountain machine take the 800's... don't even look at the heavy 1000's

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also love mine. Starts first pull every time and doesn't miss a beat. It's also fun to here the XP riders talk about how light their sled is and then out climb them. But don't talk too much trash because you'll need buddies help if you do get stuck. Overall the fun factor of the sled is awesome.

Doublek has to remember that most guys with XP's he has seen, have been the 154" x 2.25" track (including mine), and not the 163" x 2.25. It's tough going head to head 154"x2.25" VS 162"x2.5"..... Just saying...:d;)

Personally, I have no beefs with the 1000's. They climb like goats, run well, and can still be fun in the powder. I wouldn't recommend trying to be nimble on one unless you weigh 200+ pounds, but doublek can ride his anywhere he wants it to go. And, the price is usually very good on the 1000's, so you should be able to get one for a decent price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom