2004 polaris 800 rmk

kinnrob

Reaction score
it is a 2004 rmk. sorry on the emk . i was wondering if this year of sled is ok. it has a 163 in track on it slp pipes and other performance parts on it. i think it has 2300 miles on it. the oil injection is gone so have to premix gas. paid 3500 for it and a shop i told was buying it said these had crank issues. do they do good in deeper snow and all that. any info is appreciated being i dont know these sleds very well

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a 2004 rmk. sorry on the emk . i was wondering if this year of sled is ok. it has a 163 in track on it slp pipes and other performance parts on it. i think it has 2300 miles on it. the oil injection is gone so have to premix gas. paid 3500 for it and a shop i told was buying it said these had crank issues. do they do good in deeper snow and all that. any info is appreciated being i dont know these sleds very well

if it has that many miles on it the crank update is most likely done by now as i don't think any that were going to have issues lasted longer than 1500 miles. we just sold our 03 this summer for 4g cdn. so your price is ball park depending on condition etc. ours had a 159 2 1/8 polaris track on it, climbed like a goat. overall was a really good sled just to heavy and to much power for the wife.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good sled but had some problems with the crank and like he said it prob has the update. The only thing I wouldnt like is that it doesnt have the oil injection so it wont get the lubrication on the bearings like a oil injected one would. With having to mix i would run either amsoil or run polaris race oil.

hightimes

Reaction score
stick an Indy Dan motor mount in it,{Indy Dan motor mount will get rid motor mount flex that the stock mounts create, better then slp mount too) IF they did an oil delete and IF the bottom end is done there should be any oiling issues. Do a search on Indy Dan and his comments on these engines, you could call him 651-388-9045 very nice guy. just my .02 cents. I run a 04 also and have 3600 or so on mine.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No he does not have a website just a e bay store from what I have found just search for him on snowest.com he has all sorts of threads on there with good info and somebody will know for sure how you can get a hold of him

Top Bottom