2004 grizzley heating prob

yoggibear

Reaction score
i have a 2004 grizzley 660 quad with a carb my prob with it is when the eng is hot it hesitates misses coughs but only on short steep hills and climbing on level ground it is fine i sometimes hear the gas boiling my dealer told me i need a carb clean up i do not think so because when the eng is cold it is fine but a friend who has one told me i need to insulate the gas tank because the gas is vapor locking and to remove the plastic sides beside the gas tank the eng is not heating i need sugestions from u people out there someone knows or e mail pomm@telus.net ty

steveo

Reaction score
It sounds like steam stall.. there was a recall and they changed the side panels under the tank. if your side pannels are not vented that is most likely the issue.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
i have a 2004 grizzley 660 quad with a carb my prob with it is when the eng is hot it hesitates misses coughs but only on short steep hills and climbing on level ground it is fine i sometimes hear the gas boiling my dealer told me i need a carb clean up i do not think so because when the eng is cold it is fine but a friend who has one told me i need to insulate the gas tank because the gas is vapor locking and to remove the plastic sides beside the gas tank the eng is not heating i need sugestions from u people out there someone knows or e mail pomm@telus.net ty

Yup mine does the same thing when it does that just try to strech it's legs let it cool a bit that it will be fine idling at a mud hole or pull out polaris' like to bring the temp up quite a bit. Clean your rad real good too it "may" look real clean but you have to see through it to keep cool

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's worse when hot the valves are probably too tight. Wash the radiator fins out with a garden hose when it's cooled down. Wash it a few times from the front and back, the dirt bakes in there on the fins and it looks clean but usually is dirty, the dirt acts like insualation and keeps it hot.

Top Bottom