MY 2004 grizzly won,t start

mike123

Reaction score
I have a 2004 660 grizzly and after a riding for a couple of hours yesterday I shut it off and when I tried to start it back up it only turned over but would not start. checked the plug, fuel to the carb and both are ok, has a good spark, lots of gas in the carb but the gas is not getting into the engine, I cleaned my carbs and still no gas getting to the engine. After some effort I was able to get it started it idled good and sounded good but I noticed alot of a oil mist coming from the breather hose from the crankcase to the point it starts to drip out oil. I shut it off checked around tried to start it again and again it would not start. Could the oil coming from the breather hose have to do with it not wanting to start? Am I getting to much blowby and need new rings? any ideas would be appriciated.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TAKE OF YOUR FUEL CAP, SOMETIMES THE VENT HOSE GETS PLUGGED AND YOU CANT GET AIR AS YOUR TANK WILL PRESSURE UP AND NOT ALLOW FUEL TO FLOW... AS FAR AT THE OIL LEAK GOES CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE LOTS OF OIL IN THE BIKE , YOU CAN TRY TO RETORQUE THE HEAD BOLTS TO ENSURE THEY DIDNT JUST LOOSEN OFF.

t

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
TAKE OF YOUR FUEL CAP, SOMETIMES THE VENT HOSE GETS PLUGGED AND YOU CANT GET AIR AS YOUR TANK WILL PRESSURE UP AND NOT ALLOW FUEL TO FLOW... AS FAR AT THE OIL LEAK GOES CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE LOTS OF OIL IN THE BIKE , YOU CAN TRY TO RETORQUE THE HEAD BOLTS TO ENSURE THEY DIDNT JUST LOOSEN OFF.

t

Did you have a beer before trying to start it?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably after it wouldnt start, lol cause you always only drink after the keys are put away right...........................:d:d:d:d

T:cool:

Top Bottom