2000 Summit 670X.....opinions

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its 10 years old and 3 chassis designs out of date. Its not worth more than $2400. I love them but they just aren't worth that much IMO.

I paid $2000 for mine 3 years ago. I just bought another 10 yr old sled for $1000 (complete sled running and all).

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, A sled that old has to be in some nice shape to get the good money. what did you pick up modman, and what ya gonna doo to it???

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO!! I picked up a 440 Jag, or at least that's what the stickers say..... :D Unfortunately I was not smart enough to take pics from the very beginning, but I wish I had. The original goal was to buy by a good buddy a sled so he could come with me since my main riding pal moved north to Red Deer this summer so we are kind of limited geographically for riding. Then it turned into - "I guess I should buy my wife a sled too." But then that idea got kicked out the window as this has now turned into "My Backup Sled" project. My goal was a budget build-up, trying to show folks that you can get into this sport on an economic budget but still have something capable that you can ride.

Not going to hi-jack this thread. Keep your eyes peeled, I will have pics up by this weekend! :D

We need to take a trip this year, I want to see how the 740 runs!!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to take a trip this year, I want to see how the 740 runs!!

Soon, its out getting pipes as we speak.

Now, back to your reg. scheduled programming!! Sorry

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
K well I picked it up today, it's a 99....NICE sled no cracks or scratches, chain still has room for further tensioning, it's got 2711km, 2" track basically brand new (dropped to accomodate this), reverse (with the annoying beep beep beep unhooked)auxilary plug in, wired for heated helmet...it is what it is...I paid $3000 for it and by all accounts so far it was a very good deal..changed out the chain oil and she's ready for her maiden voyage this weekend.
The wife will be very happy with it I'm sure

Cheers:beer:

Bogger

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K well I picked it up today, it's a 99....NICE sled no cracks or scratches, chain still has room for further tensioning, it's got 2711km, 2" track basically brand new (dropped to accomodate this), reverse (with the annoying beep beep beep unhooked)auxilary plug in, wired for heated helmet...it is what it is...I paid $3000 for it and by all accounts so far it was a very good deal..changed out the chain oil and she's ready for her maiden voyage this weekend.
The wife will be very happy with it I'm sure

Cheers:beer:

Bogger

gots to have pics now

:nopics:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Understood.....I will upload pictures today

Attachments

• nopics.gif
    nopics.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 67

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Here she be.....

:beer:Bogger:beer:

Attachments

• ski-doo's 002.jpg
    ski-doo's 002.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 30
  • ski-doo's 004.jpg
    ski-doo's 004.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 24
  • ski-doo's 008.jpg
    ski-doo's 008.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 22
  • ski-doo's 011.jpg
    ski-doo's 011.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 22

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good, now get modding :d Don't know why it has 2 boggie wheels summit skids only have 1, what size track and is there rail extensions on it ?

Attachments

• DSCF2915.jpg
    DSCF2915.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 20

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not sure on the compression.....I know I should have tested before I bought...call it a leap of faith.
The track is not stock...it is still only a 136" but was upgraded to 2" paddles.
This one is the wifes and can stay stock...I want to get my hands on Summitric's 670X, but first I have to finnish the suspension on my AC mountain cat....waiting on a spring from echo and I picked up a 2 1/4 camoplast track for it yesterday in red deer which is going to require modification to install, I've never worked with sleds before but the best way to learn is dive in.

:beer:Bogger

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
got aa good look at it today and a short ride...the track is 144" X 15" X 2 that would explain the extra wheel....goes like a raped ape.

happy trails all, thanks for the input, the wife is very happy...and when she's happy, i'm happy.

Bogger

Top Bottom