2 Polaris's stolen in Revy

Sammy

Reaction score
Would a wheel lock be enough of a deterrent? Thought about buying one cause after enough wobbly pops people sleep pretty sound.
View attachment 162092[/QUOTE

Thought about these as well, but not a real big deterrent on a sled trailer as they leave the wheel nuts exposed. On a tandem axle trailer they could simply remove the one tire and drive away on three wheels no problem.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off, RCMP have been great, they showed up right away and have kept me in the loop, not their fault. Ways to have better protecting my stuff has consumed me, and dudes, they were not just left out saying steal me, I tried a lot of things, even old covers. Removing the safety chains or at least hooks is a good one, thanks for that. Plus all the other ideas. Thanks for all the positive words as well, it's one reason of many that fires my stoke for sledding, and those SOB's can't steal that! The month off is going to be tuff but Snow & Mud will help. Thanks again.
Now let's catch these bastards and give em some S&M justice.
Ride safe, have fun.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how a police force of maybe 10, probably 2 of which are on shift at night can be everywhere. It would take 10 minutes for 3 guys to get the truck and trailer moving if they know what they are doing, at that point they look just like any other sledder driving into town. RCMP main job in my mind is to protect people not sleds. They are probably busy dealing with drunken locals/tourists causing grief and wife beaters.

Lotsa talk about bait trucks over the years..... talk the talk walk the walk boys. Are you ready to go to jail for a sled?

As far as cameras, do you want cameras all over your neighborhood? I sure don't.

It does suck to have something ripped off been there, you have to protect yourself. Insure everything to the max. Fact of life these days.

Ever check out the used parts on kijiji.... makes ya think how many are stolen

That's the whole problem. Our "justice" system is so soft that even if caught, these thieves rarely see jail time. There's no real deterrent.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I was in England a few weeks ago, it was hard to find a street corner that didn't have a camera. It is almost impossible for theft rings in London because you will be on camera.

Maybe Revy should invest in a couple of dozen and try to get these guys on film.

BTW, it has always perplexed me what happens to all these sleds. You can't register them anywhere in Canada and the market for midnight discount parts is not that big. The only think I can think of is people who buy totalled sleds for the sn and "fix" them with these stolen sleds by swapping tunnels.

Umm, no thanks to the police state the UK has become. A $20 hoody makes the camera useless anyway.

Top Bottom