1981 Yamaha Enticer 340

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is to old to post on but thought this would be a good place to ask my question does anyone know if a 340 enticer motor will fit into a 300 chassis with minimal fabrication it would be greatly appreciated thank you

Why yes you can! How do I know? We just did one. We added another 300 to the pack and another 340 ........ we had a left over 340 engine and we threw it into the 300.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd love to have an 1979 SRX 440 L/C!!! Anyday!

4.jpg

/QUOTE]

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1980 ET 300 with no spark ? Guessing CDI ? Anything else to look for and or would anyone have a spare CDI box They would be willing to sell. I just have to get her running again. It was my first sled and my Dad bought her brand new from Cheetah cycle in Edmonton. Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers !

WopOnTour

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1980 ET 300 with no spark ? Guessing CDI ? Anything else to look for and or would anyone have a spare CDI box They would be willing to sell. I just have to get her running again. It was my first sled and my Dad bought her brand new from Cheetah cycle in Edmonton. Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers !
I would just buy the hewtech as long as you're getting a trigger signal...
FIREPLUG CDI'S FOR VINTAGE SNOWMOBILES
WOT

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try external ignition coil, or possibly the stator......and yes, could be the CDI.....if you were in Calgary I could bring one of each to test it out.

WopOnTour

Reaction score
Do any of you 440 Exciter/Enticer fan-cooled guys need some pristine 1980 cylinders, heads etc?
If so I have a complete top-end incuding pistons with pins,cages,rings (as well as intake and reed valve assemblies) sitting in a box all in good usable condition and looking for a vintage sled.
$250 takes the box FOB my garage in Calgary (will not separate)
PM me if interested
WopOnTour

Last edited:

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First DITCH BANG complete! WOW, the ditches are ridiculously full. Wayyy more that last year already - at least on the South sides on roads running East//West. Lots of stucks and fun had by all......It's gunna be a great season if this keeps up!!

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Went to Cataract for the first time today with Dyslexic (my brother) and his son Jake (my nephew)! What a blast! We should do a vintage get together up there one weekend. A few meadows made for hours of fun!!!

Had a few jetting problems, but I think next time should be right on the money.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Decided today to find out why my 340 quit. Pulled it apart and this is what I found

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360630904.902156.jpg

Any suggestions as to who would be the best to take the cylinders to in the Edmonton area?

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yikes. if you were here in Calgary we could hone that sucker. are there big monster gouges on those jugs? looks super lean. oil pump working? what jet you at?

Last edited:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be any gouges at all really. Just material from the piston which I can mostly flake off by hand. Not sure if the oil pump is working proper or even what jetting it has. Bought it this way dirt cheap. Figured it would be a good project.

WopOnTour

Reaction score
Decided today to find out why my 340 quit. Pulled it apart and this is what I found
Any suggestions as to who would be the best to take the cylinders to in the Edmonton area?
You can usually carefully scrape that aluminum out of a non-coated steel bore with a hardwood dowel or a brass knife and then ball/brush hone.
If necc. you can use a little muratic acid to soften up the galled aluminum.(clean with baking soda and water afterwards to neutralize)
Definatley got hot! Unless you ran it outta gas or were jetted way lean I would double check your timing!
If you need some top end parts I may have some.
Does old man Lefebvre (forget his first name) still have the Yamaha dealer in Barrhead?

WOT
PS> Im looking for an 76-80 Exciter skid. If any vintage Yammi-heads have one they can part with please PM me

Last edited:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
You can usually carefully scrape that aluminum out of a non-coated bore and then ball/brush hone. If necc. you can use a little muratic acid to soften up the galled aluminum. Defiantley got hot! I would double check your timing!
If you need some top end parts I may have some.
Does old man Lefebvre (forget his first name) still have the Yamaha dealer in Barrhead?

WOT
PS> Im looking for an 76-80 Exciter skid. If anyone has one they can part with please PM me

Unfortunately it's been many years since Barrhead had a Yamaha dealership, At least 20 years. Got my first bike as a teen there.

The Enticer is on hold right now as I'm at work, but I figured I should be able to peel the aluminum off fair easy and just give it a slight hone.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you have a dirty clutch side carb main starving that side and you worked her to death. If it was lack of oil they both would be discolored more but would need to see piston skirts to say for sure. but second look the mag side looks a bit dry and red also, old mixture of fuel would do that too. Always drain the tank and start fresh every season

Top Bottom