1981 Yamaha Enticer 340

mustard73

Reaction score
What do you guys know about the clutches on these things (1980 deLuxe), the boys is kinda rattleing ...it seems to work good, just don't sound good. I have never had one apart, taking it apart doesn't intimidate me, just looking for a heads up if any can be offered.

A couple of pics would be cool, thanks

I had one of these as a kid that rattled too. If I remember correctly, the brake disc is riveted behind the secondary. My rivets were a little loose so it was the disc that rattled. Dad took a punch and mushroomed the rivets and the problem was solved!

I saw one of these up for cheap recently but I missed it! Would be fun for ice fishing since there isn't really enough snow for the M8 around here usually.

Edit:

PARTING OUT YAMAHA ENTICER 300 AND 340... PARTS ONLY!!

Take a look at the bottom left corner of picture 4 and you can see the brake disc I'm talking about.

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
Let's hope this "SNOWFALL WARNING" comes true so we can go tear up some ditches this weekend!
I'll have to tell Dyslexic about that brake disc rattle. His 340 rattles quite a bit on low RPMs on the clutch side.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swear that rattle is the clutch and not the brake...but will look! :)

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoa !!!!!

that's my nephew. apologize or I'll sign you up on a dating service website!! HAHAHAA!! And I'll tell everyone you live with your parents still.......oops, let that one out!!

Maybe I won't pay you for that ET300 sitting in my garage!!!

ClassicChrysler

Reaction score
Today we rode all of them!

My 250 Enticer, My 340 Enticer and My 440 Exciter!
IMG_20110129_133128-1.jpg

IMG_20110129_133101-1.jpg

IMG_20110129_133054.jpg

IMG_20110129_133041.jpg

IMG_20110129_094253.jpg

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! Those little 250's fly! My son's is crazy. Creating great memories.....buying a little sport cam to hookup to his helmet....cant wait to post that.

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
I can't get over how great of shape those things are in! Dang!!

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jetting

jetting question - runs great in the cold, and now in the warmer weather 0 range to +6 or so, bogggggy.....should I drop from a 220 jet to a 210? It rides great then once its warm it dies....then I have to wait til it cools......bugger to start.....then dies when hot again....vapor lock???

UPDATE - looks like a hole in the pulse line.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Jetting

Went out Sat. Feb 13 and found some untouched drifts......Safastro had a little stuck problem.....those are my tracks just above him.....good thing I made it or we'd have a little crashin' going on......

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ClassicChrysler - that snow looks poofy!! HAHA....wish we had some of that!!

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
What a great day yesterday tearing up the local ditches!! Perfect temp, perfect amount of snowfall, and perfect amount of wind to make the drifts "perfect"! Dyslexic, my nephew and myself were out for almost 3 hours just havin a blast.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5MkI9Pinm4[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k95nzrUTfVg[/YT]

SAFASTRO

Reaction score
That was so much fun!! Hopefully this afternoons run will be as good........which I'm sure it will be. Fresh drifts to play in. Woohoo!!

Top Bottom