1981 Yamaha Enticer 340

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Single carb on this old girl. The small oiler tubes that come from the pump up to each side of the y manifold where cracked and missing. It's a project, just might be into more than I wanted to spend.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am working on a major enticer project. So far have a running 81 300 that my daughter has already put around 25 miles on playing in the fields. I have a 79 340 that was a barn find that I am rebuilding the motor on and de-mousing. That one almost made me puke. Also have an excell 3 340 with electric start that I may be able to revive. And last a et250 that has been scavenged for parts. My plan is to get as many running before Christmas as I can so all my nieces and nephews can get out and have some fun. Kids these days spend way too much time inside and need to be unplugged. I am going to need another pair of skis and an air box for a 340 if anyone has spares let me know please. Thanks

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am working on a major enticer project. So far have a running 81 300 that my daughter has already put around 25 miles on playing in the fields. I have a 79 340 that was a barn find that I am rebuilding the motor on and de-mousing. That one almost made me puke. Also have an excell 3 340 with electric start that I may be able to revive. And last a et250 that has been scavenged for parts. My plan is to get as many running before Christmas as I can so all my nieces and nephews can get out and have some fun. Kids these days spend way too much time inside and need to be unplugged. I am going to need another pair of skis and an air box for a 340 if anyone has spares let me know please. Thanks

Might have a spare airbox for you.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I will keep in touch. I have to get both motors running before I will need one thanks

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking the rebuilt 340 out for a test ride today. I hope it holds together! The exhaust pipe I have on it must have rotted out most of the muffler, it seems to have a bit more bark than normal. I will post some pictures later.

Sent from my iPad using

Last edited:

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking the rebuilt 340 out for a test ride today. I hope it holds together! The exhaust pipe I have on it must have rotted out most of the muffler, it seems to have a bit more bark than normal. I will post some pictures later.

Sent from my iPad using

usypa7a2.jpg

I should have taken some before pictures. This machine was full of mouse debris.

Last edited:

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we took the herd of Enticers out yesterday - pretty warm....one of them had no love whatsoever for the warm weather, other than that one - we rode the ditches east of Calgary

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I forgot my phone in the house both days so no pictures but managed to get two days of riding on the 300 and 340 Enticers. Only a small issue with the recoil on the 300 and some chilled kids yesterday since it was -19. I was amazed that they weren't stuck more they did plant them a few times in some wind protected areas that were close to 3 feet deep. Need to tune the carb on the 340 more it was still running rich at -19 yesterday and check compression again. It doesn't seem to have much power which could be from to much fuel I guess. My kids and nieces and nephews had a lot of fun and without any electronics in there hands!!

Sent from my iPad using

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup we gotta search for it but there's deep snow out there. Sylvan has a lot of snow piled up in the tree breaks.

Seems like recoils are the big ticket item this week. Took out the recoil in the '89 Formula on Friday (easy fix) and completely piled up the recoil in my REV yesterday. Can't win! haha

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20131228_150917_resized.jpg The boy (now 13) still gravitates to the ET250...his ET300 sled now has a ET340 motor in it....but still has the love for the one lunger.....we're off to the ditches now so have fun, play safe!

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out again yesterday and remembered to take a few pictures. The 340 runs way better with a 220 jet. Adjusted the oil pump also it was over oiling. Maybe the rings will seat now and make a lit more compression.

Anyone recommend a good place to have cylinders bored? I tore down the other 340 motor I have and it will need to be bored out for rebuild?

Last edited:

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a little far but I have a guy up here in vega who has tons of parts for vintage yammies... clutches, plastics, motors, belts... what you need?

Top Bottom