1980 arctic cat jag 3000

Hako-Oja

Reaction score
i bought this sled, about 2 months ago and have just finished a motor rebuild. it is running good now and i am lookin to get a little more power from this 340cc. any ideas???

BCSLEDDIN94

Reaction score
i bought this sled, about 2 months ago and have just finished a motor rebuild. it is running good now and i am lookin to get a little more power from this 340cc. any ideas???
Hey I have got my 1978 Arctic Cat Lynx 2000 Twin going 95 km/h and beat my buddys 86 Yamaha 540 SRV across the lake with just spark plugs and a good fuel mixture around (35-40)-1, I dont know what you have done but a good carb and clutch tunning is a good idea for a good start.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory jetting is always safe usally 1 or 2 sizes. On my 81 eltigre it came factory with a 400 and when all was said and done i ran 360 so it was set for seal level at -40. Another performance improvement would be the clutching those primarys left a lot to be desired.clean and service the secondary check chain case and all bearings. Hope this helps

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this machine falls into the vintage class. If it is good shape restore it to original and enjoy it as is.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dont be silly ride it u will blow it up and sweat tweat

Top Bottom