1978 Jayco Build

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting a bit of work into my 1978 Jayco. The owner prior converted it into a toyhauler and gutted it down. No electrical, plumbing, nothing. She's unique. haha Actually can fit 2 quads or a full size sled, lol.

I'm going to keep it pretty bare bones, but will be adding in electrical. Purchased 2 x 6V deep cycle batteries and 1 x 2000W inverter. I've already got 2 new tires on it and repacked the bearings.

Plans are the following:

- add electrical
- build in futon fold down bed
- remove furnace shell still remaining in trailer
- add in trailer fridge or bar fridge
- paint
- new curtains & cushion covers
- figure out a way to make the back top of the door stay up
- fix kitchen table hooks so it can go back to being a table
- remove weird shelving under kitchen table benches (no pics)

Start on the built in fold down futon bed this weekend. Thank you Kijiji.

You can see in the pics the plywood is standing up, that goes across the "back door" to turn into a bed. I don't like the idea of blocking the back door and having to take it up and down constantly so I will be ripping that out and converting the futon to fold up there.

photo 3 (1).JPG
photo 4 (1).JPG
photo 5 (1).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Billydozer56

Reaction score
Looks awsome, if you dont mind, how much $ do you have into this unit? any plans for the outside?
keep the pics coming as you build
cheers

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks awsome, if you dont mind, how much $ do you have into this unit? any plans for the outside?
keep the pics coming as you build
cheers

$1600. Ideally, I'd love it to look like the pic below, white and blue but in the grand scheme of things I only plan on using it for 2 years then selling for a newer one. Hoping to keep it all under $2000-$2500 when it's all said and done. Only exterior thing I might do is something better for the toy hauler door. Not sure what yet though. Sure beats a tent.

photo.jpg

I almost bought this...but I couldn't get past the pink. Because it's not pink it is FAWKING pink. She wanted $2000 for it...
$_20.JPG

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1600. Ideally, I'd love it to look like the pic below, white and blue but in the grand scheme of things I only plan on using it for 2 years then selling for a newer one. Hoping to keep it all under $2000-$2500 when it's all said and done. Only exterior thing I might do is something better for the toy hauler door. Not sure what yet though. Sure beats a tent.

View attachment 172884

I almost bought this...but I couldn't get past the pink. Because it's not pink it is FAWKING pink. She wanted $2000 for it...
View attachment 172885
Omg..... Even for a chick thats too fawking much pink forsure

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This idea might be handy for random camping.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year it was a new sled, this year it's an old trailer. What happens next year, a boat?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the tie downs and after finding a used condom while cleaning it out, my trailer has earned the name Rapey...lol

on another note, picked up the hardware to fix the kitchen table and found a 3 way fridge on kijiji. Commencing renos tomorrow afternoon!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the tie downs and after finding a used condom while cleaning it out, my trailer has earned the name Rapey...lol

on another note, picked up the hardware to fix the kitchen table and found a 3 way fridge on kijiji. Commencing renos tomorrow afternoon!

:yuck::puke:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. It was on a top shelf, I couldn't see what it was even using my step stool so I grabbed it....with BARE HANDS!!!!

thats so @@@king gross.....did you contemplate a hand amputation ???? here is a question.....how did it get on the top shelf ????

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats so @@@king gross.....did you contemplate a hand amputation ???? here is a question.....how did it get on the top shelf ????

About a solid hour of washing my hands... I have no clue why the guy would have put it up there. Super random spot

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Let's not jump to conclusions here, how did you know it was used and not just a practical joke his buddies were playing on him one night while drinking a few beers? :D

Lots of questions here rowdy girl.......ribbed or smooth? Color? Size? Scented? Haha

Top Bottom