18 Cat

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good unbiased writeup, thanks for the info. What kinda trackspeed were you getting?

I never really noted the track speed , but one thing I did notice and so did another rider, the Cat pulls hard right from engagement all the way through but you can feel it stop gaining , IMO gearing out. First thing I'd do is gear it up , not sure what stock gears even are but I think there's more than enough power to benefit a lot from a taller ratio.
it had 520 Kms on it when I got it , 670 when we got back, not sure if Cat has a breakin period, the G4 has 1500 Kms.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother bought the 2018 mountain cat on Friday. Off to Revy. Then we rode frisby yesterday and it was an untouched 3' deep in the back. Found a nice spot to do some comparisons. The 165 G4 in our group had 1000 km on it. The cat had 3 hrs on it. Pulling up the long draws below the tower on the ridge the cat absolutely out pulled the Doo. I was pretty impressed. That sled would pop up on the snow and just rip. They will sell lots of these sleds. I may go back to cat myself. I'm pretty sure I'm not buying a 850 due to the many issues with the sled.

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Lenny.
2 Questions:
1. What make / model / year of sled are you normally on?
2. How many days do you ride every season normally?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of good reviews coming out on the new cat. Can't help but think this was smart marketing on Cats part, and should certainly help with sales for next year.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really sorry I bought an 850.
If I could get rid of the thing at a decent price I would be on a Cat!!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Lenny.
2 Questions:
1. What make / model / year of sled are you normally on?
2. How many days do you ride every season normally?

last sleds were.
04 Rev
06 Apex (boosted in 07
09 M8
11 Pro
13 Pro
14 ProLite 800 ( last year put in 925) still have it

typically 1500-2000 miles a year, last couple years more like 1000-1500, , getting less all the time.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also really looking forward to getting my ass on a 18 sidewinder , very similar chassis with greater power. Plus most reviews have been really positive.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was quoted snowcheck pricing at just under $16k. That was for a mountain cat. I don't have a problem with that price. How many miles on that demo cat now Lenny?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Told me $14600 for the regular , $15600 for the snopro model. Plus GST.
snochek price.

had 670 ish on it when I gave it to the next guy , I think they put about another 100 Kms or so on it on Saturday.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who has snochecked a new cat ? How are the mountain cat prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I snochecked a 153" mountain cat, $15,800 with a 4 year warranty, my 14 HCR is for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother bought the 2018 mountain cat on Friday. Off to Revy. Then we rode frisby yesterday and it was an untouched 3' deep in the back. Found a nice spot to do some comparisons. The 165 G4 in our group had 1000 km on it. The cat had 3 hrs on it. Pulling up the long draws below the tower on the ridge the cat absolutely out pulled the Doo. I was pretty impressed. That sled would pop up on the snow and just rip. They will sell lots of these sleds. I may go back to cat myself. I'm pretty sure I'm not buying a 850 due to the many issues with the sled.

I am quite surprised all the DOOTARDS out there haven't jumped all over this post claiming track poaching, rider ability, etc for the reasons this new cat is out performing the other 2 stroke brands. I know exactly what new sled will be in my garage very soon and its not a doo or a poo. Have not heard a bad review on this machine yet. Very impressed with the improvements AC has made and with the past proven reliability of the AC, i think they have a real awesome machine for 2018. It is going to be real fun out performing my friends that are hard core doo and poo on this new cat.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am quite surprised all the DOOTARDS out there haven't jumped all over this post claiming track poaching, rider ability, etc for the reasons this new cat is out performing the other 2 stroke brands. I know exactly what new sled will be in my garage very soon and its not a doo or a poo. Have not heard a bad review on this machine yet. Very impressed with the improvements AC has made and with the past proven reliability of the AC, i think they have a real awesome machine for 2018. It is going to be real fun out performing my friends that are hard core doo and poo on this new cat.

They are scared of the new kitty.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Busy replacing belts and frames.

Also looking up how to eat Crow

Drinking Doolaid too...

signedge

Reaction score
Ok I'll chime in as a doo guy. Ain't no Doo Guys alive afraid of no Pussy. Hope the cat is a great machine but only time will tell. Buy them cats up fast cause the new company that owns Cat may not even keep sleds around. Now I'm going to get popcorn cause I hear kittens clucking.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll chime in as a doo guy. Ain't no Doo Guys alive afraid of no Pussy. Hope the cat is a great machine but only time will tell. Buy them cats up fast cause the new company that owns Cat may not even keep sleds around. Now I'm going to get popcorn cause I hear kittens clucking.

Whether the Cat is good or not, my opinion is theres a whole lot of you doo-boys who are scared $hitless of pussy. Seem to be far more familiar and excited with the body parts of another doo-boy.

Top Bottom