16 proclimb ride?

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken there 16 out yet ? reviews please and are they way better than the previous pro climbs?

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode them last year in valemont yes the sled is better than a 15 and so on down the line. but i felt the biggest thing was the skis and the a-arm kit. the new clutches and everything all work really nice together sled performed very well. i just couldnt justify the price difference and put the front end on my 15. i also liked the new steering post. if you can get on one and ride it. i just didnt have that much cash to upgrade and felt the difference wasnt worth the cost of a new 16 to my low mile 15

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode them last year in valemont yes the sled is better than a 15 and so on down the line. but i felt the biggest thing was the skis and the a-arm kit. the new clutches and everything all work really nice together sled performed very well. i just couldnt justify the price difference and put the front end on my 15. i also liked the new steering post. if you can get on one and ride it. i just didnt have that much cash to upgrade and felt the difference wasnt worth the cost of a new 16 to my low mile 15

Thanks for that I have a 15 and was wondering about the front end upgrade and whether i should or not ? anything I should consider if I bite ?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time on the 16' last season, and some pretty good days in already this season. The biggest change is as stated the new front end is absolutely game changing. This front end takes a bit to get used to, is it worth the upgrade? ABSOLUTELY! If you don't have the cash to upgrade to a 16' then this is a MUST have for ALL older proclimbs. This will transform your older pro climb chassis into the easiest sled you have ever ridden. It takes almost ZERO rider input to get up on edge and carving you simply just need to turn the skis, that is it. You will fall over numerous times when you first get on this front end. Their is NUMEROUS other changes to the 16' which include new rear skid geometry. The 3" track, team clutches, evol shocks, gearing, and chain upgrades, post, skis etc etc. In my personal opinion Cat made the biggest changes this year. If you don't jump on the 16' bandwagon then I would at least be doing the front end. You will thank me later. It seriously is just one of those things if haven't tried it, you need to try it. Worth every penny!!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man you're killing me!!! I can't wait to get on mine! I upgraded from an 09 m1000 sno pro

657d9c6122bee417b76382a9c194dac7.jpg

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I mention the 3" track? And the team clutches?

joe-bert

Reaction score
Nice pics where is that? I got the green ltd I'm
looking forward to the 3" track and team clutches should be a much more enjoyable ride compared to the old 1000...

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been practising flipping mine up onto the skis in the garage. Coming from my 08 m8, i will be flipping it up alot the first little while hahaha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that I have a 15 and was wondering about the front end upgrade and whether i should or not ? anything I should consider if I bite ?

i went woth the complete front end skis and kit, the only thing you have to do with the kit is get the spacers installed in your shocks which your dealer should be able to do in about an hour. other than that ride it. the 16 front end i laid on its side multiple times due to lack of effort even in the shop i can pull it over and it doesnt want to flop back over onto 2 skis as easy less effort to hold it up. good luck :)

Imstuckagain

Reaction score
I just finished my install with the new 36" front end and skis. Super easy pulling over in the garage lol has anyone played with the ski stance yet? Anything inside of 36" too tippy? What are you liking for pressure. I have my set for 80 right now. Seems to be pretty decent. Heading to revy in 5 days! Can't wait to test it out!

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im gonna start the front at 36" and see how i ride it from there pressure wise i like it softer so im at 70lbs for now

joe-bert

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find somewhere with snow for Saturday, if anyone knows what Edson, or Swan hills is like? I'm dying to get out on mine...

northof40

Reaction score
I highly recommend the upgrade. Got about 150 miles on my '16 last weekend. Coming off my '13 I was like a fish out of water for the first half hour. takes almost no effort to maneuver. I have aftermarket boards and with a slight change in pressure on your foot, the sled goes. One thing I really like about the front end and ski's is it is not near as aggressive when you come across old tracks. Much more forgiving, however I had powder pros before which have a much more aggressive keel. Oh, and the 3 inch just flat out chews.

Top Bottom