15 hours 30 mins not smoking

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck Quadtrash 668 you can do it its really hard but even if you have a few its better than a pack.:d:beer:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all that have just recently quit smoking. I will be joining you in quiting smoking once and for all. I visited the doctor this morning and he suggested Champix. Have to read the intructions, but claims you continue to smoke for two weeks. Anyone else try Champix? I will give it a shot. I used the patch years ago and did quit for 9 months.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat pride it will work for you when you start champx keep in mind you need to name a quit day a couple of days later pic a target day aim for it and stop take it day by day and soon it will be month by month year by year and so on you will always be an ex smoker and thats ok it worked for me (15 or so months now) have 31 years of trying to quit stories to tell but will leave you with the successful one

P.S it will give you wicked dreams for a while dont worry it wont last long:beer::)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
P.S it will give you wicked dreams for a while dont worry it wont last long:beer::)

Ground control to major Tom........

Ground control to major Tom........

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on......

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chantix works!!!! But please let your family and friends know that you are taking it. It can alter your moods and as stated... give some wicked dreams!!! Some were fricken awesome I tell ya, wish I could have recorded them:d lol

I quit on June 3rd this yr with the help of Chantix and my wife and 2 girls. Not an easy task after 20 yrs, but proud to say that I have not touched 1 smoke since then. One thing that helped me was I found a small box of Werthers candy that was about the same size as a pack of smokes. I carried that around full of diff candy for 2 months, the feeling of something in my shirt pocket just felt "normal". It is nice to not have smoking be a part of my life now.

I still have the urge to light up now and then, usually when I go work in my shop, and when I drive. Trident gum is now my habit (5 diff flavors on my desk right now)

Good luck to all you:beer::beer:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I quit on June 3rd this yr with the help of Chantix and my wife and 2 girls. Not an easy task after 20 yrs, but proud to say that I have not touched 1 smoke since then.

Thanks for the input Bullfrog.......Congrats on being a non smoker.....

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
I quit cigarrettes in March. I am vaping instead. Check out Electronic Cigarette by ePuffer® - The Original E-Cigarette brand.. I can "Smoke" in bars, restaurants, my house with no second hand smoke. I still get nicotine, but in a different way. Its basically an inhaler but no other chemicals. There are like 4000 different chemicals in cigarettes. It is 1/3 the cost of smoking (per puff), and because the nicotine doesnt undergo ignition (the cherry on a cigarette) it is actually closer in chemical form to caffeene. It look a bit to get used to, but I cant handle cigs anymore. I tried one after a few days and it didn't give me a nicotine boost, it just tasted really awefull and hurt my lungs. Like licking an ashtray. There are 6 levels of cartridges in 15 different flavours. Each cartridge is comparable to 15 - 20 cigarettes from 24mg, 16 mg, 8mg, 6mg, 4mg, and 0mg. They all give off vapor (a little denser than smoke) you can still blow smoke rings! Being vapor, my throat and nasal canals are no longer dried out, I don't have any more monster loogies in the morning shower, and no more smoker's hack. Flavours include: Premium Tobacco, Maribella (like Marlboros), Camella (Camels), 555 (tobacco), Vanillia (yummy), Cherry, Strawberry, Chocolate, Coffee, Mint (menthols), and a few other ones. If you go out drinking, you can smoke them right in the bars, as there is no tobbaco and no ignition involved - thus beating the bylaw. If you use them to quit completely and go drinking, throw a 0mg cartrige in it, get the satisfaction of smoking but not going out to buy more conventional cigarettes again, because you actually havn't reintroduced nicotine to your system. They are distributed out of Toronto (probably accross the border), and take about 3 days to arrive at your door. They come in a pack of 5 cartridges for $13.00 each. That is equal to about 75 cigarettes that would cost you $39.00. A pack a day of conventional cigs at $13.00 a pack is $403.00. These would be around $134.00. A difference of $269.00 saved a month for the same ammount of puffs. I will ween myself off slowly, and at the end, if I have a nicfit for whatever reason, I will have 0mg cartridges on hand - for the habitual urges.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK......I blew it......
That cold turkey thing is too rough on other's. I took Zyban, when it first came out, and I was able to quit like nothing. I think I'll be giving it a try again. And YES, to the Vivid Dreams.

To all the other's who have quit, and are staying off. Conrat's to you. :beer: :beer: :D

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
OK......I blew it......
That cold turkey thing is too rough on other's. I took Zyban, when it first came out, and I was able to quit like nothing. I think I'll be giving it a try again. And YES, to the Vivid Dreams.

To all the other's who have quit, and are staying off. Conrat's to you. :beer: :beer: :D

Same boat... I keep failing. I'll go a day or two then have a couple etc..etc...

It's a pizz off after going 2 full months, I know I CAN do it, now it's just a matter of wanting it badly enough...

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought i would bring this back up how are you guys making out
for those trying the champix hope it working hope you have the right motivaters have had a chitty week w/pain from my summer wreck and have 2 cigars i found in the freezer from a mexico trip dam near faultered but still holding out 17 months and still i think i could just light up but wont keep up the effort guys you will enjoy the reward :d:beer:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can do it, it's been 7yrs for me and I know if I take one puff I will start all over again. So just don't. Good luck guys.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My GF is on day 7 today....lotsa hiding in the garage/basement for me lately.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I quit smoking in 02 and bought a house. Was smoking 8-9 cartons a month. Went to Vietnam in 06 sittin in the bars and smokin cigars for 3 weeks been fighting with it ever since. Been about 6 weeks without a smoke and im feeling good.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Same boat... I keep failing. I'll go a day or two then have a couple etc..etc...

It's a pizz off after going 2 full months, I know I CAN do it, now it's just a matter of wanting it badly enough...

Bogger, I don't want to sound "holier than Thou" but it is mind over matter! You are a strong person....go for it and never look back!!

I chewed for many years and watched a TV show about young kids with cancer in the throat.....that was it.....cold turkey and 25 years later there are times I would still like a chew but my will power is working and it will continue to work.....good luck to all you guys!!:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom