14 inch rims and 27"

oldernotwiser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, was thinking about going to 14" rims and bigger rubber on my 08 stock rhino. Do I need to put in a clutch kit or will I end up with front end problems? Just looking for some advice. Thanks

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I would say yes you lose all the bottom end and when it is stuck you can't turn the tires....and you bog down on the hills easier

Rhinorider

Reaction score
I have 14" and 27's on my 660.. I definately noticed a difference when I put in the clutch kit! I also chipped it. As Murray said it makes a big diference in the skeg and mud...... hills don't much matter as the Rhino is somewhat of a billy goat.

No front end problems as of yet blew one half shaft due to rip in cv boot and another one was faulty right from factory and they covered it under warranty.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never could figure out why clutch kits are needed. I've got 27's on my 08 Rhino and have'nt had any problems getting around. Just put it in low range when you get to a mud hole. There is plenty of power and grunt on hills also.

Rhinorider

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't have a clutch kit at first either and did get around pretty good but found in the real deep holes I would bog a bit.......with clutch kit not no more. I would say 15-25% more bottom end torque and when those 27's are buried I will tell ya they can be hard to turn low range or not. I suppose the extra 40cc on your machine Snowdin makes a difference too!:beer:

mudfreak

Reaction score
I run 27 with 14 inch rims,,and i recamend doinf a cluch and a dynorev limater,,its what you need there is so much diffrence...oh yeah do the exaused and air intake,,you will be happy,,no worries spinning the 27s in deep mud

Top Bottom