1000xmr vs 650xmr vs 800 rene

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how does the 800 xt compare to the 1000 xt? Its over a 1k cheaper? Does it have the same axles, tranny, diffs?

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1000's and the 800's are basically identical, although I recall them claiming on the website that the 1000 is 20lbs heavier, maybe that's the weight of the balls of the rider??

Both of them have enough power to do basically anything you could ever want, when I was buying I knew I would always kick myself in the ass if I didn't spend the extra 1k and get the 1000.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Check out my you tube channel and site... I have a sale on left over Renegade 1000 base models for $10,999. We can snork it, QSC and or QSC/STM it, rubber on stock black wheels and have a beast in the mud. PM if you want a real detailed quote.

dasboot

Reaction score
Love my renegade without dps.................... for what was stated you have to drive a renegade not ride. Nothing like doing a wheelie right through a hole and after a day out in the mud and trail you feel it. Have both a renegade and a max xt and the max is for grandpa,( j/k Right Skeg............lol!!!)and buddy has 1000 xmr and the renegade will do anything his does.

Last edited:

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how's the xmr's 1000's holding out?? is the hub stud spacing the same as the 800's? or from a 12" to a 14" rim.., also anyone running 11" wide on the rears instead of the 9's? Pick mine up wed. fyi- to get a 1000xtp(short version) was only 8 hunny cheaper then the mxr (I mean less of a more expensive lol)

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on your riding style and where you ride, if it's a lot of trail stuff you will enjoy the Rene more IMO , the suspension is a lot softer and it's not such a big machine. If you target a lot of mud hands down the xmr is the way to go because it comes from the factory ready for it and it's a clean install. I haven't had any suspension issues with my 1000 xmr yet, or any other issues for that matter. The advantage I find with the xmr 1000 is the wheelbase being longer it's a bonus in the mud holes and is very nice on hills compared to stubbies. Don't get near as dirty on the outy either, if your on a Rene it will go through just about everything too, but your going to be wearing half of the swamp :)

happy trails and good luck

Top Bottom