1/2 ton capable of hauling enclosed trailer

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm biting my tongue. If you think a diesel costs less to maintain than a gas pot you have fallen off your rocker.....

i just about pooped when my friends 2008 diesel with 80,000k needed a 2000$ exhaust system service. i havent spent that much in total on my 2005 gas with 300000k

but i want to kill myself when towing. so ya win some ya lose some LOL

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I have a 33" Triton Pretige I pull with the Diesel and a 20" Triton that I pull with a gasser. The 20 has a 16' bed that will hold 3 in a pinch but 2 with lots of nose room to spare. Tritons are aluminum so super light and great quality. The gasser pulls the 20 so well you hardly know its there. Decent price and perfect for quick trips. I'd call Bryon @ Bow Ridge in Cochrane (403-932-2019)......super guy and excellent pricing :)
When you get into the 4 placers you will want a bigger truck.

Safe sleddin
RS

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pull a 24 ftr with a ford ecoboost and don't need a diesel ..............If I needed a Diesel for what I do I would have one but for day to day and pulling a 24 ft i don't need the overkill.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i have a 2010 f150 with the 5.4l full towing package. i am looking to buy a enclosed trailer big enough for two sleds no longer the 24' pefer a 20'. is anyone out there hauling these trailers with half tons if so some insight be great before i purchase one. wanna make sure it will haul it decent before i buy or i will have to get a diesel first. thanks:smilieicon_ford:

Chip it. I put a super chip in mine and when I need to haul something just set it to towing it asks you for the weight and it increase the torque accordingly. Load hogs help as well if you dont already have them.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

Top Bottom