09 Turbo nytro rpm/boost issue

Gushwa

Reaction score
I am new to the turbo world. Picked up a used 09 nytro with a 240 MCX to test the water. previous ride showed a code 26 (Intake air pressure, clogged or pinched hose) tore down inspected hoses put machine together. The last ride it will not go beyond 7000rpm starts to miss and bog. No codes showing up at all. At the same time is only making approximately 5-6 lbs of boost when typically runs 14-18 lbs in the areas I ride. I have inspected all wiring and hoses again and found nothing that stands out. All plugs and injectors firing as normal as near as I can tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated

mitty26

Reaction score
Check the little line going to your mcx box and make sure it doesn't have any ice in it. Where is your mcx box mounted ?

Gushwa

Reaction score
Was told when I purchased the sled that the exhaust donuts were replaced within the last 100 k. I have checked all hoses and lines, can blow through all easy. When I first had an issue I had unplugged the MCX box, I am beginning to think I may have a poor connection there maybe a bent pin, perhaps for the injectors. I will be looking at that first thing tonight after work.

Gushwa

Reaction score
Re-checked all connections. Does not seem to be any issues. MCX ECU is located under the rad shroud so did not get wet. Was running excellent when I parked it in warm shop Had issues right off the truck last ride. Have even changed battery on the off chance.....

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with what has been said. My sled barely ran with an exhaust leak or a boost leak. If you are able to check the exhaust right off the engine that is probably where a leak would be. A place to look for a boost leak (along with what others have said) is right where the aluminum tube leaves the tunnel for the engine compartment. They have been known to wear through there, almost looks like a cut from a Sawzall or zip disk. Check your battery posts too.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I had an issue similar to yours it was running really terrible i checked all boost lines and charge pipes and exhaust for leaks but found nothing......pulled plugs and just holding my thumb on each cylinder noticed weak pressure on two cylinders......that really crappy aluminum headshim had blown apart between the two cylinders. This was repaired with a stainless steel headshim and arp head studs.

Gushwa

Reaction score
Thanks to all who tried to help. It appears the MCX fuel controller has failed. Put 12v to injectors and all working well. Applied 7psi to the controller and will not open injectors. Checked continuity of pin connectors with 7psi applied and no continuity between keyed power and injector feed from controller. I'll be getting it tested to be sure.

Top Bottom