09 Assualt

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Buddy has one , the thing absolutely rips...bulletproof so far as well. Much higher compression; D&R; and spot on clutching...very impressive.

Without a doubt the most impressive 800 package I've ever seen...embarrasses some much larger sleds.

THIS WAS SENT TO ME BY A GOOD MEMBER FROM B.C. THAT USED TO RACE FOR THE DEALER THAT WAS BUILDING THEM:

"vertical assault
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
came from a dealer I used to race for. since they are a dealer they got the name from polaris from one of polaris's annual meetings. but since "9 11" polaris dropped it for a while, since the US was under fire!

it was just a bunch of light parts, holz... with a slp copy ported 800 with head and slp race pipes, nothing special."

JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE THE INFO.....

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
THIS WAS SENT TO ME BY A GOOD MEMBER FROM B.C. THAT USED TO RACE FOR THE DEALER THAT WAS BUILDING THEM:

"vertical assault
came from a dealer I used to race for. since they are a dealer they got the name from polaris from one of polaris's annual meetings. but since "9 11" polaris dropped it for a while, since the US was under fire!

it was just a bunch of light parts, holz... with a slp copy ported 800 with head and slp race pipes, nothing special."
nothing special just went like snot!!, would like to get the engine plant for that sled!!, :D

MOB

Reaction score

"vertical assault

interesting...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is supposed to be the sled to beat for spring conditions. track is stiff which will be good on the hard pack. dont worry about the 146" track either, remember when everyone thought a 136" was too long. good purchase my friend, let me know how it goes as i am seriously considering the same purchase.

papafinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember this sled is for hard hitting, high flying, hit me with your best shot riding. Not designed to climb high...designed to fly high and not break. The Pro X of mountain sleds. The first mountain cross over. It will take a good rider to avoid getting stuck likely.

i checked one out today. imo i think this sled will wrip in wet and heavy snow along with spring and hard packed ridin. you r right it is built to fly and jump and drop off stuff. The lugs are extremely aggressive and very stiff. Will definately trench in the deep fluff. Beautiful machine just hope people are buying it for the right reasons. Would hate to see this machine get poor reviews when it is expected to perform like the dragon. Completely different monster.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got my assault 2 weeks ago and couldnt handle the wait so I put her out on the water(yeah I know STUPID but just couldnt help myself) worst water skipper I have ever owned but I can already tell this thing will own the hill for spring riding and hold its own in the steep and deep booo yaaaaa

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhhhh haaaaa what are you thinking with water hoping, would have been funny to see you sink it first ride. if you waited this long for snow whats another few weeks

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was admiring the Assualt at the snow show and started chatting with one of the reps about it. If you are an extremely agressive rider that doesn't mind getting beat up a little, then it looks to be a great package. One thing that the rep talked about is not something I see anyone posting about. Actually, he was concerned as once I was told about it I said we will have to wait and see how many come back for warrantly/service.....

Apparently the tracks are so ruggedly built with those super hard, thick paddles that if you go over 60MPH for an extended 1/2 mile or more run the track will blow apart.

Right from the rep! Keep it in mind.

M

mattmedic

:plugears:The factory tag says Operation above 70 mph will cause track seperation, as for warranty,no tracks are warrantied, i think polaris is just covering their butts, why would they make it a race track, if they were worried about seperation, hence the uni-directional track, to be used in races applications, as for long runs of wide-open , i'm not woried, i'll catch up. and pass you on the hill , LOL. I bought one, and think it'll be a great sled, i did my homework, research, vids, ect. and will be on the hills/trails kicking azz and taking names:rolleyes:

GRD

Reaction score
:plugears:The factory tag says Operation above 70 mph will cause track seperation, as for warranty,no tracks are warrantied, i think polaris is just covering their butts, why would they make it a race track, if they were worried about seperation, hence the uni-directional track, to be used in races applications, as for long runs of wide-open , i'm not woried, i'll catch up. and pass you on the hill , LOL. I bought one, and think it'll be a great sled, i did my homework, research, vids, ect. and will be on the hills/trails kicking azz and taking names:rolleyes:

Hey matt, I met you at the show with Dobir... Are you worried about it how it will trench.... Did reviews mention anything about that?

The Assault is a sweet looking sled.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's a bitchin' sled with a bitchin' track that will take a lot of beating. Just wanted people to be aware of the track issue. Rep had a funny look on his face when telling me about it.

Have fun!!

M

mattmedic

Trenching!!!!! now there is a issue, i looked into the angle of attack on the front of the skid,it's a little steeper than other new polaris sleds, but in the past models (mid 90's) that angle hasn't been to much of a problem, it might not climb up and out of the hole as easy,,only time will tell . i think if a rider is smart and learns the sled he/she rides, ie. feathering the throttle at the start instead of just pinning it and digging a hole, a person shouldn't have any issues. but that's half the fun learning a new ride, and i hope to have a blast on mine, if riding with me "bring a shovel" cause if your never stuck your just not trying hard enough!!!!!!! ha ha Mattmedic.:cool:

I'll post some pic's when it's cleaned and polished up .

Last edited:

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
getting stucks fine but you better have a few buddies who will help you out every time. the sledhead mag i picked up today had a write up on the assualt and polaris has changed alot more on it than i thought. But it was for the better.:)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trenching!!!!! now there is a issue, i looked into the angle of attack on the front of the skid,it's a little steeper than other new polaris sleds, but in the past models (mid 90's) that angle hasn't been to much of a problem, it might not climb up and out of the hole as easy,,only time will tell . i think if a rider is smart and learns the sled he/she rides, ie. feathering the throttle at the start instead of just pinning it and digging a hole, a person shouldn't have any issues. but that's half the fun learning a new ride, and i hope to have a blast on mine, if riding with me "bring a shovel" cause if your never stuck your just not trying hard enough!!!!!!! ha ha Mattmedic.:cool:

I'll post some pic's when it's cleaned and polished up .

I find that pinning it out of the hole works better than feathering the throttle.... and I can second what Zrr said... Polaris Rep said after about a mile of full throttle riding (i believe he was referring more to riding it around home on the flatlands as there is considerably more track speed) the track could potentially blow apart.

M

mattmedic

:surrender: Well i hope to never find out, and if it does then it'll be replaced "PERIOD" but my money is it'll be fine, i like to fly anyways, not into the speed thing any more, i'm sure the threads will fly in here if a problem does show up Mattmedic :stretcher:

russhayes83

Reaction score
Is anyone doing anything to their new assault before they put it on the mountain? Just got mine today, thinking about shock protectors, anyone know where i can find them? Also my friend was telling me about these wires you have to connect if your running ethanol enriched fuel anyone know anything about this ??

M

mattmedic

(WIRES) they will tell you about it when u pick it up at the dealers, the wires are together for regular fuel, and appart for ethanol fuel, as for bling, i will post pics after i polish the metal this weekend with all the extra parts i should go from 154 hp up to 165ish hp, and want a different sled than all the others on the trail!!!!

Wires are just behind console on the clutch side with clear connectors on them hooked to the wire harness hope this helps!!!!

Mattmedic:stretcher:

Last edited:
Top Bottom