09 Assualt

russhayes83

Reaction score
Got an Assualt on the way, should be here next month! Been hearing lots of praise and some criticism about it. Not a big hill climber but like boondocking how will the 146 be in the deep pow?? let me hear see if i made a good choice!!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A buddy of mine snowchecked one as well and I will likely be riding with him in early december.I think its a great looking sled but the track is awful aggressive and the paddles are stiff so trenching in the pow may be an issue but I bet she will climb!
catmando!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suspension is supposed to be quite stiff. Might be a tough ride on the trails going in and out. Sure is pretty though.

russhayes83

Reaction score
Just keep er pinned fellas youll fly right over those rough spot that wont be a problem !!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
One of this sites moderators, dragonlady has ordered one too.... She's never had a sled before or been to the mountains, but she is a fairly aggressive quad rider apparently, so she should be okay on it??? Enjoy your sled!!!
Did any of you ever remember seeing the polaris "vertical assault" in the mountains??? A small shop in bc was building them based on the vertical edge chassis..... They look good and sounded awfully snorky!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I spoke to him last year while trying to source out a skid. Great guy. He only built 50 or so of that sled and is still building them today.

One of this sites moderators, dragonlady has ordered one too.... She's never had a sled before or been to the mountains, but she is a fairly aggressive quad rider apparently, so she should be okay on it??? Enjoy your sled!!!
Did any of you ever remember seeing the polaris "vertical assault" in the mountains??? A small shop in bc was building them based on the vertical edge chassis..... They look good and sounded awfully snorky!

russhayes83

Reaction score
went to cycle works today and sat on the assault, by far the most knarly looking sled out this year, cant wait to get mine !! they said all there snow checks have gone out so mine should be here soon!! YIPPIE :d

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the snowmoblie show today and checked out the Assault and its by far the the sled to have ...I want it!!!!!!

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember this sled is for hard hitting, high flying, hit me with your best shot riding. Not designed to climb high...designed to fly high and not break. The Pro X of mountain sleds. The first mountain cross over. It will take a good rider to avoid getting stuck likely.

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
i hope it performs just the way you said cause my old 06 rmk kept blowing the side panels out after a jump i had to replace one side because it cracked. My assualt being put together right know out at elk island

russhayes83

Reaction score
Only a couple more months and we will find out for sure exactly what this sled will do and handle! Cant wait

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waiting is the hardest part. If they made the Assault last year, I probably would have bought it instead of the Dragon, would have had it way sooner probably. Glad to see Polaris saw the error of their ways and got the sleds out early this year.

bigblock600

Reaction score
after riding a 600 136" in blue river for 2 years and keeping up with the big sleds, I'm sure the 800 146" will still be a hundred times better. Not knowing if you can make it somewhere is part of the fun, challenges you and makes you become a better rider....i think a 163" would be boring....going anywhere effortlessly would be too easy.....i can't wait to ride my assault

my 2 cents

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
after riding a 600 136" in blue river for 2 years and keeping up with the big sleds, I'm sure the 800 146" will still be a hundred times better. Not knowing if you can make it somewhere is part of the fun, challenges you and makes you become a better rider....i think a 163" would be boring....going anywhere effortlessly would be too easy.....i can't wait to ride my assault

my 2 cents
hey man throw me a pm next time your coming riding in BR would be nice to ride with you :d

MOB

Reaction score
...Did any of you ever remember seeing the polaris "vertical assault" in the mountains??? A small shop in bc was building them based on the vertical edge chassis..... They look good and sounded awfully snorky!

Buddy has one , the thing absolutely rips...bulletproof so far as well. Much higher compression; D&R; and spot on clutching...very impressive.

Without a doubt the most impressive 800 package I've ever seen...embarrasses some much larger sleds.

Last edited by a moderator:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some very interesting reading and controversy over the 800 plant on the DynoTech reports.

Top Bottom