09 Assualt

Lanko

Reaction score
OK, let me get this straight you can't ride in POW with it because it will trench, you can't ride trail or lake over 60 mph cause the track will blow through the tunnel, yet it might be the most cutting edge sled that any manufacturer has developed in the last 2 years. Purpose built to do two things kick azz and take names, not for everyone, but the people who do buy, ride, and take this sled to the limit will love every minute of it.

Lanko

Reaction score
:confused: So lanko whats, your point??????:confused:

Hey Matt, my point is that everyone is complaining about a track on a new sled that no one has tested or ridden yet, time will tell how well or not so well this combination of chassis and track will perform in certain snow conditions. I wasn't bashing the sled or anyone who has purchased one, I was just making a "point" that it doesn't seem to matter what type of snow the sled is ridden in, the track length and stiffness seem to be an issue. I find this amusing because as I have already stated the sled in untested in real world conditions. What is comes down to is that this sled is it's own animal, and if I hadn't already sold my sole to Polaris I would seriously consider buying one.

Last edited:
M

mattmedic

:canadaflag:Thanks, your right on the mark,as the sled is un-tested, give it a chance to prove it's self, and if the right rider is on the sled, it should shine,but if a in-experienced rider can't use it for all it's worth, it will get bad reviews.

On another note if you google assault riders, you will find riders like : Paul thacker, randy sherman, and a group of other extreme riders, who have assaults on order,"who also boondock aswell, so if they think the sled will perform in all conditions, some which were tested in "pow" last season, with no problems noted , i "in my own opinion" i think the assault will bejust fine!!!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey lanko, what do you mean "f I hadn't already sold my sole to Polaris I would seriously consider buying one." ? it is a polaris you can still buy one, lol :D:D

Lanko

Reaction score
Hey Polarisryder, it means I bought an 05 900 RMK brand new thinking it would be everything it was made out to be, well at least in the big, glossy literature it was. Don't get me wrong I love the machine but I have put a lot of money, blood, sweat and possibly a few tears along with a whole lot of nasty words I won't mention here into that machine. I finally have the sled to the point where it runs great, runs cool, is clutched well, looks pretty cool if I do say so myself and handles almost like the new raw chasis, not quite but pretty close. I don't have it in me to start from scratch again, not saying the new Polaris machines need as much attention to detail as the old 900. I also just purchased an 07 800 Sportsman X2 about a year ago so I have given Polaris enough of my hard earned cash over the last 3 years. I will probably buy a new sled next year(if my wife lets me), but I can promise you one thing I won't be getting rid of the 900, that would be like selling my first born, plus it will make a great second sled. Sorry to jack the thread, once I start typing I just seem to keep going.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I am a polaris guy at heart, but love the doos, and like the green goblins once in awhile.

totally torn, new rev xp or assault, i know the rev has some issues with recalls, but has anyone ridden the assault??

i am kinda worried about that track?? thing looks totally ready to rip up snow, ground, whatever it comes into contact with!!!!and i like that, but in the long run??

has anyone have the same problem? can't decide?

think she'll let me buy both? she wouldn't say no,......it would just cost me alot when she left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.

M

mattmedic

well I am a polaris guy at heart, but love the doos, and like the green goblins once in awhile.

totally torn, new rev xp or assault, i know the rev has some issues with recalls, but has anyone ridden the assault??

i am kinda worried about that track?? thing looks totally ready to rip up snow, ground, whatever it comes into contact with!!!!and i like that, but in the long run??

has anyone have the same problem? can't decide?

think she'll let me buy both? she wouldn't say no,......it would just cost me alot when she left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.
just get the assault, or you'll be wishing you had one!!!!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note if you google assault riders, you will find riders like : Paul thacker, randy sherman, and a group of other extreme riders, who have assaults on order,"who also boondock aswell, so if they think the sled will perform in all conditions, some which were tested in "pow" last season, with no problems noted , i "in my own opinion" i think the assault will bejust fine!!!

Randy Sherman in SledNecks 11, rode a new Assult,,,big air,,big powder,,,hard pack...sled looked like it handled awsome..:d

Like what was mentioned before...this sled was designed for a specific market...sledheads who like to jump of cliffs...jump over anything...and bet a sled to death...i've been polaris my whole life...I think they have got the right sled for the job...you watch how many are in the 08 sled vids':d

M

mattmedic

Randy Sherman in SledNecks 11, rode a new Assult,,,big air,,big powder,,,hard pack...sled looked like it handled awsome..:d

Like what was mentioned before...this sled was designed for a specific market...sledheads who like to jump of cliffs...jump over anything...and bet a sled to death...i've been polaris my whole life...I think they have got the right sled for the job...you watch how many are in the 08 sled vids':d
I agree,if they have riden them last year, and have them on order, they can't be that bad, people, just need something to complain about !!!!

Top Bottom