09 800 fix kit

Hondaracer315

Reaction score
I've done plenty of reading on this topic I have used the search feature and googled for hours now. With that said which would you choose for an 09 800 assault motor a long rod Indy Dan motor or fix kit? I have an 08 dragon 700 and I grenaded the cases and seized the motor. What should I do rebuild the 700 or get a 800 motor with all pieces included meaning injectors and throttle bodies for $2000 and just reflash my ecu, or send out the 700 motor for $161 to Dan and see if he can salvage anything to build me a long rod motor, or build the 700? Thanks.

Chris

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix kit. Although I have not heard have or seen the long rod kit. It sounds like it would work, just don't know much about them. I haw the fix kit in my 800, runs great and no problems so far.

Hondaracer315

Reaction score
Okay, the mechanic in Fairbanks said he is willing to tear down the whole motor for me before he would sell it. What questions should I ask him after he does the tear down right to the crank; so I know he really went down to the crank and I am not being fooled and that I know it is safe and sound before I have him rebuild it with the fix kit?

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuild the 700!! Then you won't worry about the 800 and if the fix kit will hold together. My little 7 stays with most of the 8's all day. Plus you won't be Frankensteining a sled together

Top Bottom