800 rebuild info please

dustyr

Reaction score
OK so I have a 2013 with about 5500kms. Second time out this season I lost a rod bearing, put a hole in the lower case. So me always being on a budget am looking for the cheapest way to get a good repair. After spending all kinds of hours looking for parts I start to notice lots of 800 dragons really cheap. If a guy finds one with a complete rebuilt (top and bottom with fix kit) can it be dropped into the 2013 chassis with the 2013 electronics, injectors and all other 2013 components. Or maybe use the lower case half and new crank from the dragon and upper case and cylinder from the 2013. Will any of this work, is it even worth it, what were bottom ends like on the dragons? Sorry for such a long post, any info is greatly appreciate

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may be able to get away with using the crankcase, but the dragons were a 4 injector system and the pros are a 2, so there may be some electrical gremlins that go along with that. You will need a mono block from a pro chassis that has only two injector ports

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call JT'S Snowmobile in New Lowell, Ont.1 800 465 5668. Ships every where so thats not an issue. Trevor is a sled wrecker and he does rebuild engines and or has parts new and used. Hey, its just a phone call away...Please tell Trevor I sent you, Don from Hornepayne. I have been dealing there for about 20 years now. Good luck.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JT's Snowmobile also offers a 1 year unlimited mile warrenty! Something to think about. Just a phone call away. 1 800 465 5668. Heck he can ship faster out west than northern Ont, go figure ? Don.

Top Bottom