09 800 dragon blown

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your luck,hope you didn't take out the cyl.Do a google search for PMS Polaris they have a kit called the FIX.It's a cyl shim with taller wiesco pistons.I ordered a kit for my 09 If your serious about selling send me a pm you never know might be interested.

schtann

Reaction score
Will check that out and let you know. Going to take me a while to sort this out !! Thks.

Green1trailguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I just bought a used o9 rmk800 last week and rode it for the first time yesterday. After 10k, the engine light came on and I limped home to find my clutch side piston pooched. Very frustrating! I did a bit of hunting and tripped across your comments and think this might work. Have you got your kit installed yet? What do you think? Also, where do you think the best place to exchange my jug would be? Do you know of anyone in Edmonton that does this, or re coats cylinders? Thanks!

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
Sorry to say but the 09 dragons are crap, polaris did something very wrong that year get out of the 09 if you can. Plain and simple!

torkd

Reaction score
Blew up 09 shift 800 2 days ago and not apart yet but MAG side seems
squeeked. After blow up the Irridium plug white color on MAG and PTO was perfect. Ran another ~10 miles just on PTO side to get back onto trailer- nothing but backfiring but better than at end of ROPE !! Checked and now 0 compression MAG and 85 PSIG on PTO. Not happy this P of S !!! Has SLP pipe and can c/w high flow air box kit and NO PC-V but ordered it a week ago and not here yet- WOW !!! 91 octane always and pre-mix in the tank just like SLP said. Then this happens !! Supposed to already have the 2 ring piston, NEW heads, and latest reflash. Engine warranty just went off it
as I'm the second owner. Maybe I should not be an owner !!! Offers $$$ ?? Run Polaris for ~25+ years and never, never believed this could happen. About 1200 miles on the chassis. very,very disappointed and already put on ~500 miles this season with no sign of this trouble and all of a sudden- KABBOOOMMM !! Anyone know of parts available ASAP and who from ?? Have emailed a few already and await replies. BE AWARE !!!! CFI 800 4 injector motor is a BAD ONE !! But then most of you already know that !!! :rant:

Exact same thing just happened to mine at 1200 miles... no idea why or how. Rode it the weekend before showed no sign of trouble got maybe 3 miles down the trail and the right piston detenated, the PTO side still looks like new. The engine is stock except SLP pipe and silencer. I would love to know what caused it as im spending at least $1500 to rebuild the top end.

Top Bottom