08 XP 163 Clutching

Oilgator

Reaction score
I have an 08 XP with a RK Tek drop in piston and head kit. I am looking to make improvements in the clutching and was wondering if any with this RK kit or just the head has tried the DJ clutch kit or perhaps the Team Tied. Thanks for any input.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try the DJ kit if it was me. I run his stuff and im pretty happy with it. Lots of others also with good reviews. Its a fair amount less money than going with a team set up as well.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 154" with Joey's kit...my riding partner has the exact same sled and has a team clutch for this year.Gonna try to get out next weekend, if you can wait, I'll have a review of both sleds. We've both installed the camo extreme and dropped a tooth on top. Will let you know.

My kit cost me $400 and his cost him $800 or so but I also floated my secondary so we are into our clutches for about the same.I hope my DJ kit spanks him like i did last year when his was stock,but we'll see.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
My prediction is the DJ kit will outperform the Team. Plus all you have to do to DJ's kit is start with his recommended weight and you might need to tune it from there, but most guys don't have too. With the Team you can try weights, different helix cuts, secondary springs to get it dialed, which is great to have all these options, however, it also takes a pile of time to get it dialed, whereas DJ's kit, just put it in and ride it. My 2 cents having run both set ups.

Top Bottom