08 Sportsman 300 Restart Troubles

800 Max XT

Reaction score
I bought my wife a Sportsman 300 this year and she is fairly happy with it. The only thing we are have trouble with is restarting the bike after a long ride.

After the bike has been driven for a while and shutoff. It does not to want to restart even if we choke it. Which we should not have to do if its already hot.

I am wonder if it won't start because it is too hot. I am thinking of installing the AUXILIARY OIL COOLER KIT from Polaris but don't know it this will fix the issue. It seem to only happen when the bike is hot. If the weather is cool the restart issue never happens. Plus she does not ride it hard or haul anything.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Hawkeye, same bike, and the electronic throttle control (ETC) is probably set right on the edge of working or not. Simple adjustment in the thumb throttle box (Black). When it is hot and wont start, open the box and you will see a contact switch open and close when you move the throttle. Putting a piece of paper between the contacts usually allows you to start it. IF that helps start it, take it out and make an adjustment on the cable adjuster. I wouldn't drive it with the paper in for safety reasons.

Top Bottom