08 Nytro Project

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am jealous, I have realized it is time to admit defeat, at least my wallet anyway and get into the nitro with some boost as well, are you installing the kit yourself, if so post how long it takes and how difficult it is. Good luck with new project.

No need to hang your head Mrcoops. Real MEN know when to stop bashing their head on the wall. I heard you made a good showing at YammaFest, good on you:D. Peeps told me had you been running a M10 suspension you would of cleared the top. Nytro on boost for me too:D

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep telling you RK:D
Everyone needs one, some people just dont know it yet.:p
My Son's Nytro has not had 1 issue in 3900 miles this year.:D
P.S. It will take 209 driveshafts to get 30 Revs up to the cabin.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep telling you RK:D
Everyone needs one, some people just dont know it yet.:p
My Son's Nytro has not had 1 issue in 3900 miles this year.:D
P.S. It will take 209 driveshafts to get 30 Revs up to the cabin.

ya I would take a boosted nytro as well, but man thats a lot of $$ so hopefully in the next year or 2 after you boys get them dialed, yammy can put one on right out the Box with some warranty and hopefully $5000 cheaper and I will be in for sure.
plus we wont have any 2 strokes left in like 5 years, so I am going to sit back and enjoy the sweet smell and keep packing 20 or so driveshafts every ride I go on.lol:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na, It won't be ready till September at the least.

Now the turbo is around $ 6795.00 for the complete kit and you will need to do the clutch as well which is extra. They have been running them all year and have been very successfull.

I am looking at suspention systems as well. One that has been suggested to me from Dave at Powderlights is Ad Boivin ZX2 suspention there website is at

I have seen a few people try to put these rear suspensions on Nytros and are cursing that they bought it. Check out Low rider Nytro post on the other sites RON. SW and you may change your mind. The problem was putting it on long tracked sleds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apex162

Reaction score
My concern with the ZX2 susp. is snow build up under the tunnel which defeats its light weight.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have seen a few people try to put these rear suspensions on Nytros and are cursing that they bought it. Check out Low rider Nytro post on the other sites RON. SW and you may change your mind. The problem was putting it on long tracked sleds.

Thanks, I am looking at other ones, I did my research on other forums and am looking at the following suspensions.

Timbersled mountain tamer rear skid w/ fox floats.
Ice Age/timbersled Rails.
Anti stab wheel kit.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am looking at other ones, I did my research on other forums and am looking at the following suspensions.

Timbersled mountain tamer rear skid w/ fox floats.
Ice Age/timbersled Rails.
Anti stab wheel kit.

Also CR M10L.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am jealous, I have realized it is time to admit defeat, at least my wallet anyway and get into the nitro with some boost as well, are you installing the kit yourself, if so post how long it takes and how difficult it is. Good luck with new project.

The MCX kit is pretty close to the Powderlite kit... we did 2 nytros this winter with an average of 18hrs.. that inculdes pulling motor and installing head shimes... we also did alot of extras... like extra heat tapeing and took our time on fit and finish...

The MCX runs flawless... but the powderlite sounds like they have a pretty good product...

Oh and mrcoops.... heard alot of stories up here in GP about your run up monster at yamafest.... good on you man.... I have also ran my dragon 700 turbo'd all season,, but after riding all season with my buddie with the trubo'd nytro,,, watching him idle up hills which I was taped on,,, and alot more issues like running 91octane pump gas and not wrenching all season I have snowcheck an 09 Nytro and going to turbo it... just trying to see if the powderlite will compare to the MCX...

Still love the 2strokes but if you want boost... 4stroke is the only way to go after what I have seen this season...

anyways just my :twocents:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Still love the 2strokes but if you want boost... 4stroke is the only way to go after what I have seen this season...
anyways just my :twocents:

Im thinking snotrocket earlier statement about 4 strokes and Nytro's is correct, It seems that alot of die hard 2 stokers are switching over.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07 Dragon I see you finally are comming over to the Darkside.Good to see that you came to your senses.LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So far this is my build options:

08 Nytro MTX
- Powderlight Stage 2 Turbo kit
- CR 162 Tunnel, Polished then anodized black
- M10 Suspention Fast 159 skid with jack kit
- 162 x 16 x 2 1/2" Camo Mtn extreme Track
- Anti stab wheel kit
- CR Racing Nytro Suspension Drop Bracket
- CR Racing MCX Nytro Rear Dump kit
- CR Racing M10 Mounting kit

More to follow, then once the parts all come in the build starts.:D

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far this is my build options:

08 nytro mtx
- powderlight stage 2 turbo kit
- cr 162 tunnel, polished then anodized black
- m10 suspention fast 159 skid with jack kit
- 162 x 16 x 2 1/2" camo mtn extreme track
- anti stab wheel kit
- cr racing nytro suspension drop bracket
- cr racing mcx nytro rear dump kit
- cr racing m10 mounting kit

more to follow, then once the parts all come in the build starts.:d

now your talk'in !!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YOU GO GURL!!!:D NOW YOU TALKIN'!!! THAT'S THE SLED TO BUILD... WHEN YOU NEED A HAND, JUST HOLLER!!! BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT!;) SHOULD BE ONE HORNY LOOKIN' BEAST WHEN YOU'RE DONE........ YOUR DOO IS GONNA FEEL PRETTY REJECTED SITTING BESIDE THAT MONSTER!!!:eek:

Ironman Irmen

Reaction score
rknight if you are going with a rear mount turbo and you ride in deep snow you will want to get the intake that the guys with the mcx kits run. Its kind of a 90deg elbow with a aluminum filter complete with a cover. From what I have seen that is the biggest issue they seem to have.

mtndoctor

Reaction score
rode some ez ryde rear suspensions set up from Terra alps racing on the weekend, wow nothing like em, they just drove through all the ruts and holes on the hill and the track never lost traction always on the snow, they have alot of travel and the ride is second to non, the timber skids rides like s%$#.
imo.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yah, Havn't heard good about the timber, and decided to order the M10 from Fast with the Jack. With the jack you can adjust your suspention in a second for the riding you are doing. It has the Assult front shock and the Fox Qpro coil in the back.

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 500
  • m10_w2_comp.jpg
    m10_w2_comp.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_9686 (Small).jpg
    IMG_9686 (Small).jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 255

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a Nytro last week at Pemberton that had the intake for the turbo coming out the gas filler hole. Gas tank was moved to the rear of the tunnel and the exhaust was ported out the front left of the tunnel just behind the drivers. Looked like a cool setup but the fuel tank looked like it holds about 3 gallons. Never saw the rider so I have no idea how well it works.

Top Bottom