08 800 154 summit x

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel guage wont work at all this year. What now?? Seems to just read 1 bar light on.

Fuse? Remove airbox and there is an inline fuse that goes along the tunnel/gas tank.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, but intermittently, I am suspecting worn insulation on the wires coming out of the sender at the front of the tank, or a poor connection. I noticed this started after I was poking at the wires / fuse holder at the front of the tank, so perhaps I've cracked the insulation on one of the wires. Good luck

albertasummitx

Reaction score
mine read full all the time , got sender replaced,now it reads 1/4 all the time,buddies read empty all the time his was the fuse,another buddy reads full all the time and he hasnt taken it in yet . so ya there are some issues here lol:)

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of 1/4 full all the time.
I just make sure I keep the gas can full on the back

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine jumps all over the place, can't really depend on it telling you the truth. Delear says it's most likely the fuse

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Mine does this as well the light is on & no bars i can see the gas in the tank i will change the fuse tomorrow and see if that fixes it or not

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the fuel light is on and there are no bars reading on the gauge then most likely it is the small .25 amp fuse that is located in between ur air box and fuel tank. If your fuel is always reading in the same place what we found is if you turn the fual gauge arm either clockways or counter by using a pair of pliers and turning the black 2 inch gromet with the wires leading into the fual gauge behind ur air box that will usually fix it. When there installed at the factory they are just thrown in so some of them end up touching the wall of the tank and get stuck. Hope this helps. I worked at a ski-doo dealership and this was quite common.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they haven't improved it this yr either...I have a 2010 and it reads different all the time. Parked on flat ground it is full one minute and 1/4 tank next time you look.

wepete

Reaction score
have a 08 and a 09 and had them both back to the dealer new parts...twisting the floats etc...etc...etc....they are still pieces of shi.....go back to the old gas cap gauge like polaris did....wtf.

wepete

Reaction score
have a 08 and a 09 and had them both back to the dealer new parts...twisting the floats etc...etc...etc....they are still pieces of ch!t.....go back to the old gas cap gauge like polaris did....wtf.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fix, straight from the dealership is: The fuel sending unit is out of alignment. There are alignment marks, rotate the sending unit to line up. The sending unit is by the carb air box going into the gas tank.

Snowest is good for something :eek:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hey Glen, sounds like a simple solution - you have an alignment machine at work - go at it...lol...
The fix, straight from the dealership is: The fuel sending unit is out of alignment. There are alignment marks, rotate the sending unit to line up. The sending unit is by the carb air box going into the gas tank.

Snowest is good for something :eek:

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with these issues... half the time it reads 1/4 when it's full and full when it's 1/4. Complete garbage fuel gage... I've just been monitoring the kms to estimate when i am gonna run out

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 08 and a 09 and had them both back to the dealer new parts...twisting the floats etc...etc...etc....they are still pieces of shi.....go back to the old gas cap gauge like polaris did....wtf.

srew the gas gauge, how about the clear gas tank, anyone know where to get one, they seem to work all the time and low tech.

Top Bottom