07 summit burning belts

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
how heavy are u. i had lots of issues with belt wear and im what u would call heavy set 260lbs. change secondary helix to 44-40 and way more secondary spring. i cant rememder what i put in, i think it was a red dalton. backshift was always an issue and it would cause my sled to lug and create heat. also make sure you are adjusting your clickers for the conditions. i find alot of people have no clue about clicker adjustments, they are on 1 at 7500 feet in waist deep pow and wonder why sled only revs 7000 rpm. clutches dam near glow red hot.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how heavy are u. i had lots of issues with belt wear and im what u would call heavy set 260lbs. change secondary helix to 44-40 and way more secondary spring. i cant rememder what i put in, i think it was a red dalton. backshift was always an issue and it would cause my sled to lug and create heat. also make sure you are adjusting your clickers for the conditions. i find alot of people have no clue about clicker adjustments, they are on 1 at 7500 feet in waist deep pow and wonder why sled only revs 7000 rpm. clutches dam near glow red hot.

180ish I'm not one of theos 40 year old beer drinkin sledders. (not yet anywey):beer::beer::beer::d

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your wasting your time with that clutch if you don't have the updates done to it. Get the updates done and it will help you with your problems. I have seen the same things on other 07's till they were fixed. The bushing on the primary locks up when it gets hot and just destroyes the belt.

Last edited:

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a 07 and we had problems with belts and boggin out and so then we put a new helix and a dinamo joe clutch kit in there and it compeatly made a new sled out of that 07 and we went 2000k with out buning out a belt and we ride hard. also that dinamo joe helped with highmarking its a 07 800 151 and we could out climb the m 1000 162 by at least 30-50 feet if you interested in highmarking and not having to change belt all the time id go with the dinamo joe.

Top Bottom