'07 Renegade X 800ho change over

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Wanting to switch my gade to a 15" or 16" wide track w/ a 2" or 2.25" track. Dealer said I could do a 16" x 2", but has to look if a 2.25" would fit in a rev chassy.

Has anyone else done this? What size would you guys recommend? Do I have to chain any sprockets in a gade since going to a bigger track? Plus should i switch to 6.9 skis?

Looking at going to the mountains next winter. I'm putting a new crank, bearings and primary clutch in the sled right now and will get taken to the cleaners if I trade on a new summit. That's why thinking of the change over.

Thanks

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting to switch my gade to a 15" or 16" wide track w/ a 2" or 2.25" track. Dealer said I could do a 16" x 2", but has to look if a 2.25" would fit in a rev chassy.

Has anyone else done this? What size would you guys recommend? Do I have to chain any sprockets in a gade since going to a bigger track? Plus should i switch to 6.9 skis?

Looking at going to the mountains next winter. I'm putting a new crank, bearings and primary clutch in the sled right now and will get taken to the cleaners if I trade on a new summit. That's why thinking of the change over.

Thanks
you shouldnt have a problem going to a 2.25 ... i have a 07 rev and am running 162 2.3 " lug ... i am running 19/45 gears works great in the mountains....

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Are you 15" or 16" wide track? What kind of track and where you get it from? Did you change skis to 6.9's & summit spindles to get narrow ski stance? Sorry for all the questions.

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
What is an actual track length on a gade? My owners manual says 136", but some websites say 137".

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either way not much of a differance. you will need to measure the clearance at th front cooler as the gade runs differant drivers and gearing. this will determine what track you can run. 2 inch for sure 2.25 yoi might want to measure

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you 15" or 16" wide track? What kind of track and where you get it from? Did you change skis to 6.9's & summit spindles to get narrow ski stance? Sorry for all the questions.

16 wide and as for skis there was 6.9 on it but i put stock ones back on but i think i will put 6.9 back on .... didnt find much difference in powder

Top Bottom