07 Polaris switchback 600 HO hop up parts...?

EJHrider

Reaction score
Any ideas on what to do to a 07 600HO switchback to give it some more jam? or what pipe or can to get that adds power but not a TON of sound?

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the SLP kit for the exhaust, both pipe and can. Friend has a 2006 with it on it and the sled still goes pretty good even though he's about 350lbs. Also, wouldn't hurt to go with a good clutch setup, maybe a carl's or SLP. Also a good idea is to open it up to breathe better, I would go with the Air horn mod from SLP also, and a couple flowrites. Hope this helps, have much of the same too on my 07 rmk and like the setup...

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the SLP kit for the exhaust, both pipe and can. Friend has a 2006 with it on it and the sled still goes pretty good even though he's about 350lbs. Also, wouldn't hurt to go with a good clutch setup, maybe a carl's or SLP. Also a good idea is to open it up to breathe better, I would go with the Air horn mod from SLP also, and a couple flowrites. Hope this helps, have much of the same too on my 07 rmk and like the setup...

yeah what he said

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What those guys said and when you want more get the 660 or 685 kit and walk on the 800's. From what I read anyways.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people don't realize a well setup 600 (especially the HO carbed, not sure on the VES models like EJHrider has) will have no problems keeping up with an 800.

The 600's have a LOT of potential with only a few mods and the right clutching. I have ZERO problems keeping up and usually beat the 800's in our group.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and my uncle both ride Polaris's. They feel the air kits are the best mods that they have done. I mean other that droppin in a rev 800. Just jokin.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you put the airhorn kit on you will enjoy multiple benifits. I like it because it really opens up the airflow, but if you ever have to take the airbox off, getting it back on is a pain.

With the Airhorn, you can reach inside and adjust the box to fit back over the carb boots, takes 1/3 the time, and then you know for sure if thy are back on or not.

As for the rev 800? I think it would be close to racing a stock 600 liberty, just due to the added weight of carrying all those extra pistons and rings with you.. the weight would be killer!!!!!!!!!!! jk

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you put the airhorn kit on you will enjoy multiple benifits. I like it because it really opens up the airflow, but if you ever have to take the airbox off, getting it back on is a pain.

With the Airhorn, you can reach inside and adjust the box to fit back over the carb boots, takes 1/3 the time, and then you know for sure if thy are back on or not.

As for the rev 800? I think it would be close to racing a stock 600 liberty, just due to the added weight of carrying all those extra pistons and rings with you.. the weight would be killer!!!!!!!!!!! jk

I think that air horn is what my bro put on, he loves it.

EJHrider

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think that i will definately look into it. Is slp on the louder end as far as exhuast go? i know it is much louder than stock and i like that to a point, but there are some exuasts that are just too loud. Also if i put the pipe and can on am i going to need jetting changes?

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think that i will definately look into it. Is slp on the louder end as far as exhuast go? i know it is much louder than stock and i like that to a point, but there are some exuasts that are just too loud. Also if i put the pipe and can on am i going to need jetting changes?
The SLP pipe is not on the extreme loud side, just a nice sounding exhaust. It really is not over the top sounding, which is nice, but different enough that you can tell it is not stock...

As for jetting, you have ECU on your sled, it will take care of itself. If anything, they will send you a jetting chart for your sled, which you can check on SLP's website, they all have .PDF files with all the charts and settings you will need as well as install directions, kinda nice to go see what all is involved before you do it.

EJHrider

Reaction score
I found a good deal on an SLP can but unfortunately i could not buy just a pipe from the dealer as it comes in a kit with the can. Does anyone know where i can get just the pipe...?

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a good deal on an SLP can but unfortunately i could not buy just a pipe from the dealer as it comes in a kit with the can. Does anyone know where i can get just the pipe...?
You might be able to try on Snowest under their swapmeet, but it is really hard to find just the single pipe. A lot of people use the pipe and can combo, sell the can for cheap, and buy HPS, so there are more smokin deals on just a can than just a pipe.

I would recommend getting the SLP pipe for sure though as it is slightly lighter, but the biggest imporvement is the midrange bog that it clears up and becomes a lot more crisp. Weight savings alone though with the can will be good, might pay to be patient and find one in a swapmeet online.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The difference between the two cans is the HPS is a little lighter, and they dyno their exhausts for performance gain.

Here's the way I see it. SLP is very good at testing their stuff at elevation, and their stuff is proven to work. Bolt it on and go. It is a good quality product and you don't have to worry about it. Sounds good performance wise but is not overpowering.

HPS is a great brand that has proven performance, either with an SLP pipe or the stock pipe. They dyno test their product and have proof that they work. They have similar flanges to the SLP can so they bolt right up.

As for which one is better, I think you can't go wrong either way you choose. A lot of what you hear is going to be based on opinions. Both products work really good and they are much better than the stock suitcase they pack under their. On 600's the pipe is what really makes the biggest difference in performance, but both cans will give you roughly the same performance and sound, it comes down to which one you like better.

farmer4ever

Reaction score
SLP is definately not on the loud end of the spectrum. Like Rob said they have just a nice sound not to loud yet noticable. If I were I'd just run the SLP combo for a year and if you want to make it a little louder change the can then because I agree with Polarisryder that you'll never notice power just from changing your can. I've put cans on every sled I've ever owned and never had noticable power once even though they show you a dyno chart that shows 3hp. You just feel like your going faster because its louder:plugears::beep:

Top Bottom