06 Rev Rebuild

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"in my opinion the 2.5 with stock drivers is TOO tight. alot of people do it but i prefer the extra clearance."

The drop and roll should give clearance for the deeper paddle I'm just wondering what the better driver would be?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
larger the better. better angle of attack as you know. and with the drop and roll you would have a wicked angle of attack with a large driver.

i would do some math and see what diameter of driver you can run maintaining half inch to and inch of clearance.

i know people that need to use a feeler guage to measure the clearance.....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"in my opinion the 2.5 with stock drivers is TOO tight. alot of people do it but i prefer the extra clearance."

The drop and roll should give clearance for the deeper paddle I'm just wondering what the better driver would be?

8T if you can get it in there. Go 9T if you can.

As maxwell said, 7T is tight, track needs to flex around the drivers properly, 7T is starting to get to be a pretty tight turn. 8T also helps keeps the track speed up which will give you more gearing options.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much work/ time is it to drop & roll a REV. I'm still contemplating buying a new sled but if this was a resonable $ upgrade i may ride what i have.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the drop and roll can be done in a couple days but really i think it gives guy the chance to go thru the sled and clean it up. Lots of work but the results are satisfying. Im on my third right now and its getting easier! the d&r will also let you reinforce some weak areas, specialty has a drop and roll you can purchase or have done, or you can do it yourself. It will also let you salvage a tunnel from the scrap yard lol, which means you can get a sled cheap and build it back up.

The clearance it creates is huge, ive run 2" paddles and still had over an inch of clearance to play with and the room in the engine bay is good too.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went back to work on the rebuild today! Pretty much done the drop and roll. New eng bay bracket, welded the crack and plated it up with the D&R.

Attachments

• D&R.jpeg
    D&R.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 92

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some more shots and ceramic coated stock exhaust!:d

Attachments

• D&R3.JPG
    D&R3.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Pipe.JPG
    Pipe.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 91
  • D&R1.JPG
    D&R1.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 91

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I need to figure out which track to use, ive got the 07 hole digger and the stock 06 but its only 1.75" any thoughts, id kinda like a 2.5" or 3" paddle, im almost ready to but the track in

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will have my 163 xp track for sale? what length are you going? 151?

i would be looking for a 2.5 challenger extreme 151-163. lots of them used out there and its a killer track. hate to waste the time and effort of putting that 07 track in.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm a Looking at the sled right now contemplating putting the 07 on. Guess I'll hold off and see what I can find! It's 151" track.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so ive been busy puttin some long nights into cleaning this thing up, Im now ready to start putting it all back together. Ive ordered a new track from Specielty, a camoplast 151" with 2.313" paddles and the the stock 2.52 pitch, this lets me run the stock drivers or the 8t i have.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 97

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the motor completely apart and cleaned up, Found a bit of pitting above the mag side exhaust port....not sure what to do other than replating it!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 252

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change the front blue nose to black, also put some more parts on, turns out ill have to swap the bad cylinder for a good one!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 109

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you do a drop and roll on a rev I'm only fermiler with the xp with the extended chain case! How is it done on a rev?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A D&R on a rev is done by relocating the jackshaft into the tunnel, by swinging the postion of the chaincase, jackshaft, and driveshaft down and back, the worst part is getting the old rivets out the, best part is putting the new ones in!!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Got it last season from specialty! It's for sale if ya really want it but it'll cost the price of the new one. I'll find out when the new ones are in!!

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got back at it tonite and installed my driveshaft, track and skid!:d
Picked the 2.3 x 151" challenger track, and went with 8t drivers. Stock drivers will hit the rail tips, fyi. Rebuilt my clutch with bigger rollers, spring and clickers.
Next ill clean up my cylinders and assemble the motor, lots to do yet and winter is comin:eek:

Attachments

• photo0.jpg
    photo0.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom