06 Rev Rebuild

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up an 06 Summit in need of a complete rebuild for $2800, gonna drop and roll it, reinforce the front end, replace the nun and rebuild the clutches and motor. Just thought id post some pics.

Attachments

• 2photo.JPG
    2photo.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 1photo.JPG
    1photo.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 121
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 118

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I washed the tunnel today then started the crap task of drilling out rivets. The one picture shows the extent of the damage to the tunnel. ill replace the steel bracket and tig the crack, then rivet it all together with the drop and roll plate.

Attachments

• 1photo.JPG
    1photo.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 2photo.JPG
    2photo.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 121
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 117

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks anyways max. I'll Just need the black clutch side support. I'll have pretty much 2 of everything to work with except motor. I would like to keep it 151" but get a deeper paddle track on it. Too bad they don't have a 3" 151 out!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeepers KORE - I thought you got rid of all your junk so that you didn't have to work on a sled...... :D

CUSO also wanted a 3" in a 151 or 156.......

Hey CAMOPLAST - Are you listening????

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
looks like you have you hands full kore... but lots of fun and beers consumed.

whats your plans with the motor? going bigbore?

i run a 06 159 and in search of a deeper lug. so im gonna with a 162 x 16 x 2.5CE. not much of a change length-wise.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep got rid of the old stuff but like bringing these broken ones back to life. I want a sled that is stick or close to it. I'm not a great rider so when I get out I'd like to be riding not tuning tweaking or gettin towed out. This build will remain stock but some small things like two ring pistons, ceramic coated stock pipe and clutch kit will happen. The broken tunnel is really nothing but time on my part. It's nice to go thru the machine and clean it up too. Plus the drop and roll beefs it up a bit.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
man where do you find all these, ive been looking for a chassis for ever, if you ever see any rollers out there let me know

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep just keep looking and calling. Keep in mind I also assembled one from just a tunnel. Picking Parts from guys on the site and good old eBay!!
Turns out I'm headin to PV Mexico on fri so I won't be doin much for a couple weeks.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its nothing really. just alot of people posting for camoplast to make that track.

Would this be a 154 x 2.5 that i could simply throw into my REV without changing my drivers? I also would be interested in something like that.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sure it would be available in the 2.86 but i dont know camoplast hasnt said boo as far as i know so dont hold your breath.

in my opinion the 2.5 with stock drivers is TOO tight. alot of people do it but i prefer the extra clearance.

camoplast has also said they MAY not warranty tracks with the smaller 7 tooth drivers. which is a problem for me.

this is all speculation.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
track makes a tighter turn, which is harder on the track. causing ply seperation and missing lugs.

not sure how they would be able to tell which is why im sure its just hot air.

Top Bottom