06 polaris 700 sportsman,problem, need advice

Samson14

Reaction score
My fan just comes on,with my key out and kill switch off?? where is it getting the power from, does it have a straight circuit from the battery. The fan will run until my battery is dead. Has anyone heard off this before??
Any advice will help.:confused:

Sammy

Reaction score
Check with your dealer, but i believe there were problems with the ecu's for that year. They should be able to tell by serial number if yours was one of the affected units under recall for a fire hazard.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The PDM (Power Distribution Modual) is a common problem. The switch for the fan is internal to this unit. The PDM is located under the front rack; it the unit that most of the wires go to and has cooling fins on it. Brace yourself, it is not cheap.

Samson14

Reaction score
PDM is common hahahaha im wondering if i bought the right kind of machine.Hopefully not to common.
Thanks for all the info,i called the dealer yeaterday and booked an appt to replace my ecu and if that doesn't fix the problem i guess i'll have to look at the pdm.Atleast im in the right direction, i was going to start pulling wiring, that would have been messy.

Top Bottom