06 M7 Vent Kits ??? Pro's ? Cons??

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got my M7 ......have a mbrp can on it... soon to come is snopro airbox/v-forcereeds/and a BD control box a little later on in the season .......but ive been lookin into vent kits to ....what can you tell me about them ...a must have or meahhhh whatever mod?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
in short form YES they do nothing but good. keeps engine bay cooler helps with clutching temps and belt wear

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no ...not to my knowledge ....just putin the box on so i can tweak a bit more power out of the sled

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no ...not to my knowledge ....just putin the box on so i can tweak a bit more power out of the sled

I wouldn't bother with it until you add pipes, NOS, etc. For the price of the box you could get a lightweight seat, a set of ski's, another weekend in the mountains; etc.:beer:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the box its self wont increase power or the potential of my sled ?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To see where you need to add or subtract fuel you will also need to run EGT's to safely and effectivly optimize your fuel settings. I had a Boondocker and a Digitron on my non piped, stock engine RT1000 (they were on it when I bought it). I ran exactly the same as my bro-in-law did on his RT without either on his. I put the Digitron on my M8 when I traded in the RT (just because I may as well use it when I already have it); but I won't be putting on a BD box unless I put on a pipe, or decide to get silly.:nitro: Just my opinion, but $500.00 for a box, and $700.00 for a Digitron is alot of $$$$$ for most likely an unrecognizable gain.:dunno:

Top Bottom