06 Crossfire 6 issues

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 Crossfire 6, pretty much stock. Has a MBRP can. I had a 136 factory track on it, but had a 144 put on it just recently. BUT ever since I got it back from the dealer that put the track on, my sled back fires now and boggs off and on. It never did that before, only since the track switch. :confused: Any sugestions, I dont want to cook my motor or something else.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, that I asked the shop that did the track swap about the back firing and they said it was CAN causing it.. HMMMM never did it before the swap, why all of a sudden? HMMM :nono:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possibly loading up with more fuel due to the extra load maybe try to reclutch it

schickdecision

Reaction score
I have a couple buddies that changed the clutch spring, weights and added shift assit on their sleds. They said it was pretty simple. You might need a diamond drive tool though.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you replace or add new fuel since it was in the shop? Going from warm shop to outside temps may mean condensation in the fuel. Try some Isopropyl in the tank.

I also agree the it may be loading up more due to increased torque feedback. Maybe in conjunction with the can it's an issue?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the backfire is pretty normal but it sounds as if it's loading up by the way you explained it

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, but is there something I can do to fix this "loading up " issue? Is this a clutching issue? :confused:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, but is there something I can do to fix this "loading up " issue? Is this a clutching issue? :confused:
yes it sounds like a clutch issue causing it to load up,lighten up on the weights a little as you may not be able to pull them with the longer track and what helix in there now?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it's running right whatt are your RPM's at through the shift?

Check all wiring, and the powervalves for sticking.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this info is great, but unfortunately I dont know how to do the clutch weights or check power values. I would just take it in but just paid an arm and leg to have the track installed (and it wasnt cheap), just cant afford to at this time.
Question is NOW, will I wreck anything if I ride it this way? The backfires are pretty harsh! Its gonna be nice this weekend and I WANNA ride. :d

schickdecision

Reaction score
If you were to search Arctic Cat clutching on google, you will get a walk through of how to change everything (there is also pictures). I know this because a guy I work with changed his out that way. Unfortunately I don't know the exact web site he was on.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were to search Arctic Cat clutching on google, you will get a walk through of how to change everything (there is also pictures). I know this because a guy I work with changed his out that way. Unfortunately I don't know the exact web site he was on.

Thank....I will check into that. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank....I will check into that. :d

Couldnt find any step by step instructions for clutching. If anyone has a link or site on where I can get info on how to adjust or change weights on my clutch, please send it to me. Thanks a bunch....:d

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mare,

My first instinct is not the clutching. You didn't add that much track. Have you tried new fuel yet, stock can?

Are you riding at all this weekend?

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mare,

My first instinct is not the clutching. You didn't add that much track. Have you tried new fuel yet, stock can?

Are you riding at all this weekend?

I have filled it up with new fuel but I dont really want to put the stock can back on it. I paid good cash for the can, but I guess I dont want to screw up the sled over a $300 can. I just dont understand why the can would affect it that why, when it never did that before. My only guess would be not enough back pressure if its the can VS factory pipe. I plan on doing some riding today and maybe a bit over the weekend too. My old man blew his stator and flywheel last weekend on his sled ( 98 Powder Specia 600l), so I wont go to far as he will be MAD if I do, LOL. But the kids and I will go. :d

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was jus thinking process of elimination. Put the stock can back on just to test and see if the sled still has issues. If not then it's the can. If it still backfires and bogs, then it's something else.

Top Bottom