06 800ho won't rev out

mtm

Reaction score
My sled was running great on the way up on the weekend. Got up high and it wouldn't rev past about 6400. The tops of the plugs looked black, arching inside the cap? Put some tinfoil on the plug top and she ran fine. Changing caps today. Simple stuff first.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so, you all ready for the answer to my sleds problem? it's retardledly simple.

when i bought my sled it had k+n pods on it with prefilters on the pods. the side panel had been gutted as well.

i took the pods off and replaced them with the stock airbox. seeing as how the side panel airbox was not there i just took one of the prefilters from the k+n filters and zip tied it around the opening. this worked fine for the first half the season. but i guess it got clogged cause as soon as it was off the sled had no issues.

so $548 and a new tps and a host of other un neeedsmall parts and my sled is good to go.

i got some frog skin material to cover the hole now. should be better i hope.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bernoff u need to read this.....

Mine runs not to bad around edmonton, can hear a faint erratic firing of the cylinders at 6000 and will go to full throttle. Was in revy on weekend, ran good up to 6000 again but from then on it was sounding like it was going to come apart at the seams and would try its best to get up to full throttle but I didn't want to run it like that very long. Bring it back down under 6000 and ran good again. I'm thinking ignition but really not sure. Got it back home seems to run same as before going to Revy. It was a good trail sled all weekend:)

Top Bottom