05 rmk 900

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 05 and it did not come with a stablilizer bar. It tips over way to easy. Do i need to put it back in or change the skis. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Luvinit

Reaction score
To run without a stabilizer on a 900 you need to upgrade the shock, suggest Air 2.0 or fox zero pros, possibly the shock the assault is using.

xcya

Reaction score
you just got to put the stabalizer bar back in.

Ha, put the sway bar back in:confused::nono: I don't think so. I took mine out and love the thing even more. My buddys 800 rmk, 08 that is, can't shake me in the trails, tried very hard and could'nt do it. Leave it out and if it's to tippy then adjust the preload on the shocks.:d

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s all a matter of riding style you either hate it or love it! I run without a sway bar on my 05 900 but I rarely ride on the hard pack trails if this is more then ½ of your riding then consider leaving it in, if your getting technical riding in between the trees side hilling and such, much it easier to pull over and correct a line without it. An adjustment on the front and rear shock will help allot and a 225# front track spring you may want to run with a Gripper or Powder Pro ski this makes a difference over the stock Side Hiller ski on this sled.

94fordguy

x2, I love mine with the sway bar removed, it leans over really easy off-trail this way. I have gripper skis, the ski stance is set all the way out, and had to crank up the factory front springs quite a bit to keep it from doing barrel-rolls on the trail in the corners, but I love it that way, its a dream to carve... good combination for all-around riding for how I like to ride it.

If you do a lot of trail riding then I would consider putting it back in, but if you play off trail more, then I would just play with the suspension a bit.:beer:

guidoxpress

Reaction score
if you dont have the OEM sway bar and hardware..let me know..

i am about to remove my wifes sway bar and install the 09 setup on her sled..since she has the 09 front end as well..

send me a PM for info ;)

Top Bottom