04 zr 900

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if these sleds are any good? got an inlaw, well kinda inlaw, lookin at one he found that is brand new old stock. wondering if they had any major issues. he will be stretching it out if he likes it but that would be next year. wondering on engine reliiability etc.
thanks.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good sled! Tons of grunt! Lots of adders available too.

Hardcore Sledder's ZR section is a great resource for these sleds. I think there may have been a driveline issue with the 900's due to the Diamond Drive. Not 100% on that but seem to remember something. Don't hear of it often now though so it may have been with earlier builds.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C....I found this for you.

"Look at the driveshaft,if it has a lock collar the shaft and input gear are gonna strip out. If i remember right some seals were installed backwards and water,mud etc. gets in and ruins the little balls that lock the shaft on. People also forget to grease this collar. I have an 04 and 05. One lasted 5500 miles the other only 3000 miles.The fix is a new input gear from AC that bolts to the Black Diamond driveshaft. If your sled is low miles it might last awhile. Other than that these sleds rock!"

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that a non biased opinion? lol:rolleyes:
yeh sled is brand new! and i trust the guy he is getting it from that it is.
unit will have the pdi done, injector service etc before he gets it as it has been sitting for so long.
told him pretty much the same thing you are. good sleds and he is getting it for the same price pretty much as they are selling for used right now.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we ice raced 05 ZR 900 for two years I think 05 was the first year for diamond drive no major problems

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for allthe responses guys. he actually ended up going with an 08 800 summit. picked it up for 7500 tax in from a dealer.

Top Bottom